Combusken's voice Darren's Combusken sounds like a male while Bill's Combusken sounds like a regular female voice
- And just how is that relevant? --Shiningpikablu252 03:44, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
Well if Munchlax is the only male Pokemon that May has on her hands then Blaziken and all her othe rpokemon are female plus Bill Rogers's Combusken sounds cute
- Look, that whole "Munchlax is May's only male" bit is Pokéani fanwank. Pokéani is a fansite, we can't take their word on the gender of any anime Pokémon. And given that five of May's seven Pokémon are 87.5% male, it's pretty much a given that Munchlax can't possibly be May's only male Pokémon.
- Furthermore, voice proves nothing when it comes to gender. Ash's Donphan is believed by many to be male, yet it was voiced by females as a Phanpy. Madame Muchmoney's Granbull is a confirmed female, yet its voice in the dub as a Snubbull is that of a male. --Shiningpikablu252 21:57, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
I see that Darren Dunstan's Combusken's more gruff and violent sounding wile Bill Rogers's Combusken is more of a voice that makes it sound more like a chicken Livinlarge18 12:31, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
Bill Rogers's does have a point of making May's Blaziken sound less masculine and in May's return in DP076 Blaziken's hair is much shorter than Harrison's Blaziken, or even shorter than it was last time after it evolved. This seems to point to it being female
- Rogers also does make Combusken sounds less gruff and more like a chicken than Darren Dunstan.Darren made Combusken sound too gruff and violent Livinlarge18 11:44, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- Bill Rogers loves to take over the roles of tough Pokemon as well as some that are voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi (Blaziken,Prinplup & Corphish) and Yuji Ueda (Sceptile) as well as cute Pokemon such as Chimchar and Electrike Livinlarge18 22:00, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Bill Rogers is perfect for Blaziken its tough and it has a deep voice similar to Sceptile it also sounds less gruff than Darren Dunstan's voice Livinlarge18
- So with May's Venusaur can we agree that yes, gender differences are in the anime, yes, May's Blaziken's a girl, yes, Ash's Pikachu's a guy, and yes, that's the end of it? TTEchidna 17:38, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- If only. The Blaziken thing might be left alone, but Pikachu would cause a war since some people are hellbent on believing Pikachu is female no matter what. I have a feeling that even if the writers made a worldwide television announcement that once and for all without a doubt that Pikachu is male, some of them would still believe Pikachu to be female. Trainer-c 17:48, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- Don't forget, you two: Ash's Pikachu has been around a lot longer than gender differences have, as have the Pikachu species in general. If we ever did get official confirmation of Pikachu's masculinity, fair enough. But we haven't. - Cassius335 11:27, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
well judging by the large head feathers i believe this confirms it's male User:ShinyMedicham
- All Blaziken prior to Gen IV looked like that... --☆ケンジガール 04:13, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Weren't they shorter in May's return? TTEchidna 04:32, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Look, until someone states what gender it is in the Anime, and i mean, actually calls it a "He" or "She", then it's uncomformed, and saying "It's female" if fannon/speculation. Leave it's gender until it's stated in the Anime. ~~Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 20:00, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- I very much agree, something made by fans doesn't confirm anything. TheBlazikenMaster 20:29, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- Probably when she came back for those few episodes? -Sketchies 11:31, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
not actually, but Brock did mention it. It's not random. But I guess I didn't confirm it either. Sorry. JirachiWishmaker0802 11:47, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Really people? We can now just assume Blaziken is "missing in action"? I thought being an encyclopedia put this place above vague guesses like that. At most we can claim Blaziken is still with May, as that is as far as evidence suggests its location to be: Blaziken is last seen in May's team in her Sinnoh encounter. Let's get this right folks.--QX Deoxys 06:52, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Blaziken's last appearance was in DP076. It did not make any appearances during the Wallace Cup and her other six Pokémon did. Trainers can only have 6 Pokémon with them at a time. We are going by who was last seen. There is zero evidence that she put Blaziken back on her team. Assuming Blaziken is back on May's team is more speculative then just saying its whereabouts are unknown. It's not a guess at all. We are neither confirming nor are we denying that it is in May's party. It says "Status unknown", not "Missing from action". Read it more carefully. --ケンジのガール 11:55, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
SERIOUSLY?! Are we to assume that Ash is the only one with a Pokémon Professor as a neighbor, and the only one who can send his Pokémon back and forth?! What if, IF! May sent Blaziken back to Professor Birch or Norman?!
- "What if, IF! May sent Blaziken back to Professor Birch or Norman?!"
- You just proved my case right there. Which is why it says "Status unknown". We aren't saying "Maybe at Birch's or Norman's" if we don't know where the heck it is.
- And to my knowledge, May has never sent a Pokémon to Professor Birch. Only to Professor Oak or her mother. It's either with her now, with Oak, or with her mother. But we just don't know. --ケンジのガール 08:45, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
How is May's Pokémon confirmed to be in rotation? YoshisWorld 21:17, 26 July 2011 (UTC)YoshisWorld
- All seven of them appeared during the Wallace cup episodes. XVuvuzela2010X 21:43, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
first starter to use blaze
if im correct abilitys were added in gen 3 and mays blaziken was the first pokemon to activate blaze Thegrassmaster (talk) 14:23, 16 April 2014 (UTC) thegrassmaster Thegrassmaster (talk) 14:23, 16 April 2014 (UTC)