Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:List of glitches in Generation IV
- 1 What about multiple Barries or Dawns?
- 2 Facade glitch
- 3 Help?
- 4 Video Problem
- 5 Messed-Up Berry Plants?
- 6 Gym Was Too Tough
- 7 Heart Gold/Soul Silver badge check not actually checking badges?
- 8 Rotom's Room only appears for the original Old Chateau rotom
- 9 Minor funny graphical glitch
- 10 Wild Double Battle Arena Trap
What about multiple Barries or Dawns?
I believe that this is potentially another glitch. After whatever happens or whatever causes this Professor Rowan is standing with Dawn at Lake Acuity. Dawn is in the place where she was at the beginning of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl but she's also in Sandgem Town. Barry is in one place but until you've gone to Stark Mountain and caught Heatran and on the weekend, he's in 2 places at once. Does anyone think this is a glitch? I also believe that the fly to the Pokemon League is broken since the game has only been to part A and Rayquaza was allowed to fly Lucas to Point B, cheating him out of learning how to make it through Victory Road himself. Does anyone think it'd be good to add these glitches to the pages to make a good addition? (MichaelXD 21:09, 17 February 2012 (UTC))
- I wouldn't really call it a glitch. It is potentially an oversight though, and would be more suited to Barry and Lucas/Dawn's trivia pages. Not sure what you were talking about in regards to Lucas using Rayquaza to fly to the Pokémon League. --SnorlaxMonster 01:46, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
I'm not really sure how to say this either but I'm using a used Diamond game instead of a new save file so I can't tell what happened. I believe this game was action replayed once because I ended up with a Pichu with its current HP more than its max and that was something I was working on with my Gamecube Action Replay when I was trying to get perfect stats. I haven't followed the storyline of the DS games completely yet. (MichaelXD 12:16, 18 February 2012 (UTC))
As previously noted here, there is a glitch present in Platinum (tested by me), HeartGold and SoulSilver (haven't checked for Diamond/Pearl), where the use of Facade by the player's own Pokémon will move the backsprite up one pixel per use, to the point that repeated use with the help of PP-restoring items will bring the sprite to its incomplete state well above the top of the text box. Could this glitch be added to this page? Cheers, Haxorus 01:36, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- My Carnivine showed its gap after 20 uses. Is this consistant with all Pokémon, or does it vary from sprite-to-sprite? Also, it's been added to the page. --SnorlaxMonster 13:44, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm, I should think it varies slightly. My Gastly showed the gap after about 10 uses (I definitely wasn't at 0 PP when the gap appeared). Either way, testing has shown the sprite always raises by exactly one pixel after each use, which would mean it is pretty much dependent on how much of the sprite is usually hidden underneath the text box. Cheers, Haxorus 01:42, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Do any Pokémon have an Ability where the foe cannot be switched out? I was in a trainer battle and I wanted to switch Pokémon, but when I tried to switch, it said "Golem cannot be switched out!" It was under perfectly normal circumstances, too: Golem was not holding an item at all. Thanks! KyuremsIceBlade 20:59, 2 June 2012
- Arena Trap and Shadow Tag prevent switching, as do moves that partially trap, Block, Spider Web and Mean Look (and Ingrain if you use it). --SnorlaxMonster 07:46, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks! I remember now, I was fighting a Dugtrio that had to have the ability Arena Trap. KyuremsIceBlade 21:39 3 June 2012 (UTC)
The video guide of the "Egg nature glitch" is unavailable to watch, you get the message "Embedding disabled by request, Watch on YouTube" Rintoul 999 13:51, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. If you see any other videos with embedding disabled, feel free to replace them (just make sure you mention that is why you're replacing it in your edit summary). --SnorlaxMonster 07:39, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
Messed-Up Berry Plants?
I was playing my SoulSilver the other day and I had a bunch of berries planted in my berry pots that felt like they were taking forever to grow. They were finally blooming, but then when I checked again they were just little green sprouts. I haven't changed my DS clock at all lately and I've been using the same DS, so this really makes no sense. My DS is messed-up to begin with so it could be the DS itself causing the glitch, but I really don't know what's up with these berries...and I've been watering them too... Also, just would like to state that I noticed with a certain move, I think Faint Attack, when it's used one of the Pokemon seem to move by a pixel, sort of like the Facade thing. I haven't looked too much into it though. --Ondelez46regigigas (talk) 06:52, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
Berries are based on steps, not time. If you use the bike and travel long distances (on foot) the berries grow faster. This also depends on the type of mulch. If you saved before walking a lot, then restored to the save point, your step count will fall and then the device will set the berries. This (I think) is sort of a primeval anti-cheating measure. (Of course, you could tape down the A button, but where's the fun in that). waterlubber 21:39, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
Gym Was Too Tough
I don't know if this is a glitch, but in Diamond & Pearl after defeating a gym and saving, if you go to the Journal it says (for example), "Eterna Gym was too tough..." which I'm guessing it says if you lose against the gym leader (I always save before a gym battle, so I wouldn't know haha).☆glaceon☆ (talk) 00:09, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
Heart Gold/Soul Silver badge check not actually checking badges?
After doing the Tohjo Falls bypass, I battled all the trainers like normal, but there was something weird when I got to the badge check: I only had 7 badges (I skipped the Team Rocket's Goldenrod Tower takeover and the events after.) but it acted as if I had 8 badges. Does anyone know why it doesn't actually check for badges?AlbeinoLucario (talk) 17:06, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- Can you get there normally without all eight without cheating or glitching? If you can't, that's probably why. --Abcboy (talk) 17:13, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
- A quick check reveals it is the HG/SS variation of the (in)famous Tweaking glitch. As for the badges, I would suggest it would be similar to the B2W2 situtation, the game doesn't need to run a check as there is no way you could skip a badge normally. (I know that RSE has a check due to a badge being skippable without glitching.) In any case, I hope that helps. --Super goku (talk) 10:08, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
Rotom's Room only appears for the original Old Chateau rotom
I traded a Rotom from a friend and bred it to get a Level 1 Rotom, which I tried taking to Silph Co. in HeartGold as the first Pokémon in my party, but the counter lady, elevator guard and Steven were all still there, and I couldn't get into the elevator. Either this is a glitch or Rotom's Room is only accessible to the original Rotom from Old Chateau. Zywxn 12:42, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
Minor funny graphical glitch
When coming from route 13 to route 14, the lass standing behind a cut tree who talks about Chansey will be standing on top of the grass not in it. The glitch can be reactivated by going back to route 13, resetting the screen (eg by meeting a Pokémon) and coming back to route 14. The glitch doesn't work when you go to route 15 Wowy (talk) 07:31, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
Wild Double Battle Arena Trap
- While it's an interesting oversight, the fact that it can't be encountered unless the player's cheating means it probably doesn't belong on this page. Yamiidenryuu (talk) 20:06, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- ... Unless it can. Would it be at all possible to Skill Swap Arena Trap onto a wild Pokemon while with a stat trainer? Yamiidenryuu (talk) 20:12, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Pretty sure you can't. If I recall correctly, you can't have two of your own Pokémon out at the same time, even if the stat trainer's is KOed. And since none of the stat trainers have a Dugtrio or Trapinch, you'd have to supply the Arena Trapper, and none of them can learn Skill Swap. glikglak 20:37, 31 March 2014 (UTC)