Talk:List of XY series episodes
- It's not just you; it's stretching the column. I'll see if it can be fixed. Berrenta (talk) 15:42, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
- As the variable that determines the episode title is also used for the image, the only ways that it can be fixed are either a) add a size variable for the image, or b) upload a smaller version. Berrenta (talk) 15:48, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Episode 29 is the last episdode of Season 17 (Pokémon the Series: XY)?
As far as I've seen, the UK has not aired any more episodes after the 29th, so I guess it could be safe to assume that the 29th episode concludes "Pokémon the Series: XY" outside of Japan. —Platinum Lucario (talk) 13:40, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- We don't assume things though. UK not airing any more episodes before the US doesn't say anything. ☼ BlazingFist ☼ 13:43, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
I know that speculation is not really a good thing to do, but I feel as though what I'm presenting should be noted for determining when the next season is going to start. The evidence is starting to appear. First off, the dub is reaching the point where the season switches. The lengths of the previous seasons are as follows (note that only episodes that use the epicode count unless otherwise noted, even if the episode did not air):
- Season 1: 80 episodes in Japan, 81 in the English dub, and 52 according to the official Pokémon website (the "official" listing excludes Beauty and the Beach, EP035, and EP038).
- Season 2: 36 episodes in Japan, 35 in the dub, and 49 according to the official Pokémon website (the "official" listing includes Snow Way Out!, but excludes Stage Fright)
- Season 3: 66 episodes in Japan (going by when the opening changed), 41 in the dub, and 52 according to the official Pokémon website (also, while unrelated, the page for this season on the website uses the season 1 logo)
- Season 4: 45 episodes in Japan (going by when the opening changed) and 52 in the dub (the "official" listing matches the dub for this season).
- Season 5: 36 episodes in Japan, 65 in the dub, and 52 according to the official Pokémon website (the "official" listing excludes EP250).
- Season 6: 69 in Japan (going by when the opening changed), 40 in the dub, and 52 according to the official Pokémon website (at this point, the "official" listing matches the actual season changes)
- Season 7: 35 in Japan (going by when the opening changed) and 52 in the dub.
- Season 8: 30 episodes in Japan and 52 in the dub.
- Season 9: 58 episodes in Japan (ignoring the change in the opening) and 47 in the dub.
- Season 10: 78 episodes in Japan (counting the change from Together to Together2008) and 51 in the dub (excluding DP048.
- Season 11: 17 episodes in Japan (going by when the opening changed) and 52 in the dub.
- Season 12: 63 episodes in Japan (going by when the opening changed from High Touch! 2009 to The Greatest - Everyday!) and 52 in the dub (excluding DP120).
- Season 13: 34 episodes in both Japan and the dub.
- Season 14: 84 episodes in Japan and 48 in the dub.
- Season 15: 24 episodes in Japan and 49 in the dub.
- Season 16: 34 episodes in Japan (including Episode N and Decolora Adventure!) and 45 in the dub (including Unova and Beyond).
This results in an average of 44 episodes per season in Japan, 50 in the dub, and 46 according to "official" listings (all rounded to the nearest whole number). While the most recent change in Japanese opening occurred in Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike!, it was more of a remix and should not be counted. Of course, the movie hasn't aired yet in the dub, either for real or in the canon, which places it after Battles in the Sky!, which airs on the 20th. it will probably air later, since no announcement of it has been made. This would likely mean that the season won't start until October, which would go with the average of the season changing every year. Of course, even this doesn't confirm when the season changes. However, something else of note is occurring. According to xfinity TV listings, Pokémon The Series: XY is going to start going through syndicated reruns on the 15th. Usually, Cartoon Network airs the newest episode on Saturdays, re-airs the episode before the new episode on Sundays, and goes through the previous season during the week. Starting to air the current season heavily implies that the current season is coming to an end. Of course, the only way to confirm any of this is for an official announcement to occur. Also, while unrelated, I'm going to keep an eye out on the listings, especially for October 16th. If Cartoon Network goes through the listings and ignores SS029, An Undersea Place to Call Home! would air there in syndication.
Of course, all of this is speculation, and should not be taken as official, but remember, the season is coming to an end. I think I've taken up enough of your time. So, Bigpboy (talk) 16:53, 5 September 2014 (UTC)