Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Shouldn't it be mentioned on all Generation I Pokémon's pages where they can be found in the Japanese Blue version? Because for example, Lickitung can be found in the Safari Zone in JP Blue, and it's mentioned nowhere. Krisi 11:57, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
Wring Out's STAB
On Lickitung's page, it says Wring Out will not get a STAB. However, on Lickilicky's page, it says that Wring Out WILL get a STAB. What's up with that? One of them must be wrong . . . but I don't know which one is wrong because I've never used a Lickitung or Lickilicky (that's a fun word to type. He-he), ever. I've caught a few in the original Pokemon Blue, Red, and even Yellow, but they don't learn Wring Out since it's not even made, yet. I managed to get my hands on one from Route 215 (walking around) and at Lake Valor (using the swarm thing) in Pokemon Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl, but they immediately made their way to the storage boxes and I never actually trained one. If someone could clarify this, I would appreciate it, since I plan on using a Lickitung/Lickilicky in my next round of Pokemon Diamond. Thank you all in advance! ^-^ Van Lynn 16:45, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
(P.S. - Why is my name a red link? I just recently created my account, activated it, then saved some changes in the profile thing, and it's still red-linked? What must I do to make it blue, even though I don't really know how much it matters to be blue and not red. Thanks, again! Van Lynn 16:57, 19 February 2011 (UTC))
- Wring Out is damaging Normal move, Lickitung get a STAB on it.
- Your username is red because your userpage is empty, apparently you forgot to save the changes, you made. Also it's not the right place to discuss it, don't forget to read the rules (see your talk page). — ∀ЫъГѣ ∃Talk page 17:18, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
Indigo League Series Confusion
Pokémon SE1 EP049 - So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd
When Farfetch'd stole Jessie and James' Pokémon, Jessie says: "Arbok and Lickitung are floating away!"
Here's the trivia. Lickitung doesn't make an appearance until the following episode.
Pokémon SE1 EP052 - Princess Versus Princess
In this episode, Jessie and James' are discussing how to keep "the Boss" off their backs when a wild Lickitung appears, where-in Jessie says: "What in the world is that?" When she sees it. After taking a chow on their stuff, Lickitung walks away, only to be captured by Jessie.
This is from the English dubbed series. Trivia, perhaps? PKMN Soldier Berlioz 01:24, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Because of the EP038 incident, the episode in which Lickitung was caught aired out of order. EP052 actually takes place before EP049. And it's already trivia on the EP pages. -- LimeGreenCharizard -- 16:40, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
Is it just me or does only the Red,Blue and Green sprites match the original artworks color? Also is that a coloring error on Lickitung's tounge in Heartgold and Soulsilver? (SONICバリヤ 21:17, 22 May 2011 (UTC))
Lickitung couldn't learn Lick in Generation I
I added a Trivia to Lickitung's page saying that it couldn't learn Lick in Generation I even though its Pokedex entries and its name would suggest that it would. It was removed on the grounds that "it is an opinion whether a Pokemon should have a move or not". It's not a matter of opinion- the Pokedex entries themselves literally say that Lickitung licks foes to paralyze them. This is exactly what Lick does- the user licks the foe and has a chance to paralyze. And if that doesn't sell the case, then you can't deny that it's at least strongly suggestive. Besides, in Generation II, Lickitung DOES learn Lick, and furthermore, on the move Lick's article, in the trivia it even notes that Lick was not able to be learned by Lickitung. Nedron (talk) 04:41, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, the policy is that Pokédex and gameplay contradictions aren't notable. --Wynd Fox 04:48, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- Then why was it removed on the grounds that it was "a matter of opinion"? Also, could you link me to where exactly this is said (the whole Pokèdex/gameplay contradictions aren't notable thing)? Nedron (talk) 04:55, 3 November 2013 (UTC)