Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
- BZZT, unlike the birds, beasts, golems, and pixies, these guys have no special duo traits or stories. The birds together summon Lugia, Ho-Oh made the beasts, the golems awaken Regigigas, and the pixies were created by Arceus. TTEchidna 23:25, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Not sure which question you're trying to answer, but if you're talking about getting their own pages:
- I think if we are going to state the similar movesets we need them to have a new template and there own pages. I think it's a good idea. :)
- Similar movesets (for some of them)
- Mewtwo/Mew has movie and relations
- Lati@s (obvious, already has a page, similar movesets)
- Lugia and Ho-Oh both resided on the towers
- Cresselia and Darkrai are polar opposites (in Mystery Dungeon and DPPt at least)
- Phione and Manaphy are in the same family, similar traits, similar movesets.
WTH WTF ON LD Pg!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
WTH WHO IN TERMINIA IS DELETING MY SEAFAIRYDUO SECTION! I DEMAND AN ANSWER! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Giratina's Embodiment 00:24, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- As I said, do you have proof as them both being a duo? Phione is merely an offspring and a sort of "servant" to Manaphy~Ποκεμανιακα0β 00:26, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
Good point. Sorry. I didn't see your comment on the trio page.Giratina's Embodiment 18:18, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Oh no it's fine, don't apologize~Ποκεμανιακα0β 18:21, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
How about we make a speculation duo heading then: Speculation Trios? It would make a good idea, plus anyone who wanted could put up their speculation? I need at least 4 people backing me up on this before I'm gonna make this, and if anyone makes it before I have the 4+ 'votes', I'm gonna delete it like Pokemaniac102 did to my section. Just sign, and I'll consider it a 'vote'.
- Oo, sorry but Bulbapedia rule is NO SPECULATION~Ποκεμανιακα0β 18:36, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
OK, sorry. Giratina's Embodiment 18:37, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
There should be one under each section like there is on the trio pages.20:42, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
I thought I had better check first, but I think there has been a mix-up regarding the Tin Tower and the Brass Tower. It says that Lugia perched at the top of the Tin Tower, and Ho-oh on the Brass Tower. Shouldn't that be the other way round? Ho-oh is found at the Tin Tower in Gold and Silver. Taromon777 11:59, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
If Mew and Mewtwo are a duo, Manaphy and Phione are also! Mewtwo is the unnaturaly created stronger version of Mew Phione is the naturaly created (bred) weaker version of Manaphy. The first are both Psychic the latter are both Water... There is no logic saying one are a duo and the other 2 are not.--Saiph charon 12:46, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Mewtwo and Mew, a duo?
It is a bit of an stretch, the only relation they have is flavor text: They lack similar stat distributions or even stat totals and they have different movesets and learning levels. When they were made, they were not paired like the other 3 duos, and rather worked like two related but standalone Pokemon. You can see it in gen II, when they diverge, and Mewtwo inspires Lugia and Ho-Oh, while Mew inspires Celebi (and the future event Pokemon).
Yeah, Mewtwo and Mew are related, but it is not the same relation that the other 3 examples have. In fact, Mewtwo, apart of flavor text, has more things with common with the Tower Duo that with Mew; with whom it only has in common Flavor text.
So, this is at least worth of a mention in the article. An article, I have to say, way less solid that the Legendary trio one, and based quite a bit more that it in fan theories. Eriorguez 17:02, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
Should we make separate pages for each duo/trio/group?Pringles 04:07, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that of the true duos, only the Lunar Duo has one pokemon that is in the game and one from an event. Is that worth noting on the page, or no? It seemed a tad too trivial for me to do it without asking. PowerPlantRaichu (talk) 11:30, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- What about Cresselia/Darkrai and Mew/Mewtwo? Really, based on our listing, the Tower Duo is the only duo that does have them both readily available in the same game. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 11:39, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
Perhaps it would be better to call them symmetric and asymmetric duos, instead of "true" and "other"? It just seems to play down the associations between some of them otherwise.Green Zubat (talk) 20:15, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- NO. That is speculation. Seeing as the Pokémon has no known name currently, it is better to wait rather than speculate and make assumptions from an image. Frozen Fennec 20:18, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
I added the Mortality Duo Xerneas and Yveltal to the page. If I understand this duo and Trio system, they belong here until Zygarde gets a version or two of its own? Also, Mortality Duo is more of a place holder until an official fan term is adopted. Mortality comes from Xerneas giving life and Yveltal taking life.
Anyways, I have ? down for 10 of their level up moves since that was how it is on their pages. When the levels are known, please feel free to change ? to the level. Yamitora1 (talk) 00:04, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- In that case wouldn't Life Duo be a better name since both involve life? Mortality involves death and only Yvetal deals with that. That and bonus for short word? --Sekuiyatalk 03:09, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- Mortality does not 100% mean death, it means both life and death, to be living while at any moment capable of dying.
- 1. the state or condition of being subject to death; mortal character, nature, or existence.
- 2. The relative frequency of deaths in a specific population; death rate.
- 3. Mortal beings collectively; humanity.
- 4. Death or destruction on a large scale, as from war, plague, or famine.
- 5. Obsolete , death.
- Plus, calling them the life duo doesn't make since, since only Xerneas is the life Pokémon. It would be the same as calling them the death duo, since only Yveltal is the destruction Pokémon. Like I said, Mortality Duo is the middle ground, it can mean life or death at the same time. You're either alive or dead, if your not mortal you're either dead or immortal. Also, although Xerneas gives eternal life, it still goes into a death like state as a tree for 1000 years, and Yveltal a cocoon when its life ends. With life comes death, with death comes life. Yamitora1 (talk) 08:58, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- Apparently the Pokémon Wikia is listing them as the Life Trio and these two as the Gene Duo despite X & Y having no basis on DNA but the Cartesian system. However, it appears that most of that was written down before the games release, because they implicate that Xerneas is female and Yveltal male. Then again, its a wikia...so yeah everything has to be taken with a sea of salt. Yamitora1 (talk) 20:56, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
Not my call, the staff seem to want to wait on that to be 100% confirmed. I added the trio to the Trio page, but it was removed, then readded but hidden until there is confirmation. At the moment, it looks like we only have a Duo in the eyes of the staff. Yamitora1 (talk) 01:36, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting that that's how it works, and considering the naming (X, Y, Z), colour schemes, abilities, and level-up moves, it seems so obvious. But fair enough if we want the full confirmation. Dancing Dragonite (talk) 04:41, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
Mortality Duo name
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but has a fan term been dubbed and/or yet? As I stated when I "named" the duo, Mortality Duo was more of a place holder until such a event arises. Its been 3 months since the games came out, so enough time seems to have passed for some name to spread through the grapevine and inter webs.
I know the "Trio" has had Life, Axis (which I disapprove of) and various others thrown at them, but what of just the Duo itself?
Split into Mortality Duo? What's going on?
The Banner at the top of the page says "The contents of this article have been suggested to be split into Mortality duo."
- It means someone wants Xerneas and Yveltal to have their own page about their duo, much like the the other concrete duos and trios have. Kai * the Arc Toraph 13:01, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, ok I see now. The problem is that Mortality Duo was just a place holder I came up with until the official title for the Duo was generated by the fandom. Plus there is the issue that we don't even know if they are a Duo by themselves or a Trio with Zygarde.
- Until (and even IF) "Mortality Duo" is widely accepted by the fandom, and the two are confirmed not to be a trio with Zygarde, then we could give them a article, but right not it would just be jumping the gun. Like you said, the other Duos are "Concrete" Yamitora1 (talk) 16:34, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Not sure if this helps, but I have a lv 35 Latios and I took it to the Heart Scale lady and the moves she's offering to teach it are Memento, Dragon Pulse, Power Split, Telekinesis, Heal Pulse, Dragon Dance, Psywave, Heal Block, Helping Hand and Safeguard. It already knows Dragon Breath, Protect, Refresh and Luster Purge. I used some Rare candies on it, and at lv 40 it wanted to learn Zen Headbutt, It wanted to learn recover at lv 45, Psycho Shift at lv 50 and At 55 it wanted to learn Dragon Dance. So far the move list seems to be the same. Yamitora1 (talk) 07:18, 15 February 2014 (UTC)