Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Is it worth putting in the trivia that Latias and Latios are the only legendary Pokemon confirmed by the games to be species and not individuals? Except for maybe Manaphy, since something had to have laid the egg. - Celebi96
Multiple Mew and Lugia have been seen too.14:49, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- What I meant was, it's not really correct-ish because it's really possible there are others. Take Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in Pokémon Snap for example.
14:55, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, I forgot about Snap. Thanks, sorry. - Celebi96
- 1 Arceus
- 2 Latias's human Special form
- 3 Latias and Latios Species
- 4 Location in HGSS
- 5 Sprite eyecolor in Gen4
- 6 Sprite changes
- 7 Origin
- 8 Wrong file
- 9 Evobox
- 10 No Red Eyes
- 11 Latias in Anime
- 12 Mystery Dungeon Recruitment Error?
- 13 Mega Latias Stats
- 14 So, is there any specific reason why X/Y movesets for Latias/Latios are not present?
"Latias is one of the few non-Flying-types who can learn Fly. The others are Mew, Smeargle, Vibrava, Flygon, Latios, and Giratina."
Does that mean that Arceus counts as flying type do to plates? Riggy(>0.0)>
- Yes, Arceus can be a Flying-type due to plates, so it doesn't count. Don't forget, use four tildes to sign your posts. — THE TROM — 09:37, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Then some should change Latios's version because it's trivia includes Arceus. Riggy(>0.0)>
Latias's human Special form
Maybe we should put up a shot of her human form? Lovely Rose 21:58, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- You mean...Bianca? ht14 14:31, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Not all Latias have human form. So it is not needed. --Ruixiang95 12:14, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
Latias and Latios Species
Should it be mentioned in the trivia section that while Latios and Latias are one species in the anime, only with tons of sexual dimorphism, the games' internal coding considers them two separate species? What I mean is that they're different from Nidoran because an egg produced by either gender Nidoran can also hatch into either gender Nidoran, but an egg produced by a Latias can only hatch into a Latias, and an egg laid by a Latios can only hatch into a Latios. I bred them using Action Replay, and all the eggs produced by Latias and Ditto hatched into Latias, all the eggs produced by Latios and Ditto hatched into Latios, and all the eggs produced by Latios and Latias hatched into Latias.--Celebi96 01:38, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- GameFreak didn't want you to be able to breed them in the first place, do you think they would do something that clever with something you shouldn't be able to do?--MisterE13 03:03, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- They also didn't want you to be able to make Arceus ??? type, but they gave it a sprite for that type anyway.--Celebi96 13:57, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Location in HGSS
It only appeared in SoulSilver? --Ruixiang95 12:13, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- If you mean Latios, then yes, it only appears in SoulSilver, while it's female counterpart only appears in HeartGold. I hope I answered your question. BisumitoIsSnazzy (talk) 20:54, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
Sprite eyecolor in Gen4
It looks to me that Latias' eye color of the shiny sprite changes between DP (gold) and Platinum/HGSS (green). The backsprite is still gold. Can someone confirm that? RWMVG1DC 14:25, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
So... the sprite table's listing the Platinum sprite being the same as the HGSS one. But it's definetly displaying as the DP one on my Platinum (???) and the newer sprite on my SS (as it should). Can someone double-check this on their own Plat to make sure that I'm not insane (or if they slipped the newer sprite in the English Plat or something) and before I fiddle around with the images? And does this sound too confusing for anybody to understand? ?_? ▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 21:35, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
Since it & Blaziken were originally the same Pokemon, could Latias (& Latios) also be based on Junglefowl/Chickens? Worth noting I think.Vuvuzela2010 21:49, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
I found about beings called "Aeons" that have genders, and angel-like, and normally comes in pairs. lati@s might be baised off of that due to being in pairs, and having genders. they have levitate, so they might be angel-like. Rockets-mew-of-vp 22:02, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds plausible, given that they are called the Eon Pokemon, could you post a link to verify it? XVuvuzela2010X 16:23, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
Rockets-mew-of-vp is an associate of mine. I was the one that explained to him the connection I saw between the Eon Pokemon and Aeons. In the article, it explains that certain Aeons are immaterial beings of concepts. They are emanations from God, they also emanate other aeons. 32 appear to exist in all, 34 in certain interpretations. This may also explain how it is they have genders and are incapable of mating, yet have more than one exist at a time. Though in games canon, Kyogre, Groudon, and Raquaza appear in two different regions, but are native to only one and being one of a kind each.
Another reason being, as of you course you have gathered, is that the words "eon" and "aeon" are the same, it is only in North America that the word is spelled as "eon" rather than "aeon". They are both the same word having the same general meaning of a great span of time. All information I have gathered on the subject matter has been from wikipedia.
- I do think it is highly likely that the Lati were based on the Aeons and that should definitely be added to the Origin section (it kinda puts my Junglefowl theory to shame...) XVuvuzela2010X 01:33, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
The "Blaziken/Latias" Trivia links the wrong archive page. It links to Latias_Combusken, not Latias_Blaziken Togelover 23:15, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
XVuvuzela2010X 19:14, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- No, because, unlike the Nidorans and Volbeat/Illumise, they don't breed into eachother, and are thus not technically related in the games. I hope the way I worded this was not offensive. BisumitoIsSnazzy (talk) 21:03, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
No Red Eyes
Latias is NOT the only Pokémon you can summon with a ranger sign that has non-red eyes. I looked at Graveler, Aipom, and Aron, and THEIR Sugimori art shoes them with black, blue, and blue eyes, respectively. I bet there's even more. As long as we can't add trivia, I'm removing it. EvilKirikizan 01:23, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
- This is what it's referring to. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 01:28, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
Latias in Anime
Didn't Nurse Joy have a Latias that she used against Brock's brother's Rhyperior in a gym inspection? Not sure if that caunts as showing up in the anime or not, since Ash wasn't in that episode. --JacobCrystal 02:23, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Not sure why this page shows Nurse Joy's Latias yet doesn't mention it. Frozen Fennec 02:25, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Oh wait, it is mentioned, never mind. It counts. Frozen Fennec 02:27, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hang on, there seems to be a problem. In the trivia section: "Latias and Lugia are the only legendary Pokémon in the anime to be seen being able to produce offspring." "Latias and Jirachi are, to date, the only Generation III Pokémon to have not appeared in the main anime series." Only one of these can be correct, so i'm going to delete the second entry about no appearance in the anime. PowerPlantRaichu 11:43, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
Mystery Dungeon Recruitment Error?
I have read somewhere that in PMD: Explorers of darkness, Time, and Sky that Latias and Latios actually join your team automatically after you help Latios rescue his sister, and I seem to remember it going that way. Am I remembering this incorrectly? it says 0.1% for her recruitment rate... Nokota (talk) 12:08, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Wrong games. They join automatically in Red and Blue Rescue Teams. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 12:09, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
Mega Latias Stats
|At Lv. 50||At Lv. 100|
|140 - 187||270 - 364|
|94 - 167||184 - 328|
|112 - 189||220 - 372|
|130 - 211||256 - 416|
|139 - 222||274 - 438|
|103 - 178||202 - 350|
So, is there any specific reason why X/Y movesets for Latias/Latios are not present?
Shouldn't at least the TM/HM list be here and in Latios' page? OR/AS are confirmed to have different TM/HM lists than X/Y as Flash and Rock Smash are apparently going to be HMs. Trainer Yusuf (talk) 08:52, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- I'd like to have a source that's reliable (ie. no Serebii or such) that can confirm this. While Rock Smash sounds plausible, I don't know why would they bring back Flash as a HM, considering that aside from being used in 3 puzzles, it wasn't ever needed. But then again, Cut wasn't needed to complete the Hoenn games, so who knows...Eridanus (talk) 08:58, 18 July 2014 (UTC)