YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
- I'd say no. Unlike traditional Baby Pokémon (including Riolu), Meraruba can breed. --AndyPKMN 00:20, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
Not sure if this is worth mentioning.
It's something pertaining to this trivia:
Out of all Pokémon that evolve by a set level, Meraruba evolves later than any other Pokémon who have not yet evolved, at level 59.
Is it worth mentioning that it's somewhat interesting that it takes the longest to go through one stage of evolution despite being a Bug-type? A type that is infamous for having Pokemon that reach their final forms at lower levels than other types. --ケンジのガール 09:46, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Surprised that you guys haven't applied some kind of Engrish-- excuse me, romanization of this Poke's name. You know, something like "Melarva". Just saying. SharKing Productions 03:31, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- We're currently waiting for the rest of the official romanizations to be released before moving any other pages to different names. There is no need for remarks like that. --Darkeiya talk to me! 03:52, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- This is a good point. I would doubt that it would be in Latin characters? --SnorlaxMonster 01:50, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- That's from the Kanji Mode, which has no character restrictions. I'm sure dex entries in Kana Mode have nothing but hiragana and katakana.--Kaoz 19:13, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
How about "Meraruba has higher attack than its evolution form" can we add this?Meearaimeng 02:56, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- A similar thing occurs for many Pokémon. Most, if not all, the second stage pupae-like Pokémon (Metapod, Kakuna, Shelgon, etc.) have a higher defense than their evolved forms. Trapinch's attack is higher than Vibrava's. There are many more too, those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. So no, it's not notable enough to add as trivia. Werdnae (talk) 08:52, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Meraruba is based on a Moth and Tower of the Sun.
The source is Nintendo Dream vol.204. Sawamular101 18:53, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Larva + ?
Larvesta's name is obviously derived from the word "larva", but where does the -esta part come from? -- Nebula 11:25, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Origin also based on a Madagascan sunset moth?
Read more about it here: []
It may also be based on that.
I also added lava, molten rock shot out of a volcanic eruption in the trivia section. Larvae + Lava maybe be linked as well because of the Pokemon's fire attribute and the fact that its evolved form, Volcarona has the word "Volcano" in its name.Blueknightex 11:05, 18 April 2012 (UTC)