Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Kanto Pokémon Federation
- Well, a comparison of their Japanese names would be in order. (Don't ask me, I don't have the resources for it.) Based on the teams of the Bikers in each situation (not including Paxton from the Kanto Rider Federation, as he's a Cue Ball and has no Johto-era equivalent in any event), I would initially think the two groups were different. However, the translation teams have attempted to pull the wool over the fans' eyes before--Jamie, Felix, and Dana would attest to that...--Shiningpikablu252 18:05, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
Kanto Rider Federation
Should the Kanto Rider Federation be considered the same Trainer group? Here are some points to consider:
- In GSC and HGSS, the group's Japanese name is カントー ポケモン れんごう Kanto Pokémon Federation, translated exactly like that. (I don't know where the word "Association" appears, this page must be moved regardless)
- In FRLG, the group's Japanese name is カントーれんごう Kanto Federation, translated as Kanto Rider Federation.
- The only named member in FRLG, Praxton, doesn't match with any of the ones in Gen II and IV in name or Pokémon used. However, many similar Trainers in Kanto didn't receive the corresponding names from Gen II in FGLG, either.
- Also, there are many other members in Three Island that don't battle the player, so we can't affirm anything just by the Pokémon they use.
- The removal of the word Pokémon in Gen III could be simply to fit better in the text, since it keeps the same meaning. There is no other situation in which two groups used so similar words in their names.