Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Aren't the tags hanging from its head from a Japanese festival?
The New Year's Festival, IIRC. Not sure if it has a name, but don't they place wishing tags on trees in the hopes that the wishes written on them come true? Evkl 08:09, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Yeah, that's it.
Excuse me, but do you mind that Jirachi's entry says that it's similiar to the Beanstar from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga? I know the idea might be farfected, but it's a possiblity.--Pokencyclopedia 06:45, 6 September 2005 (CDT)
Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how exactly Jirachi resembles Dimentio? In look, and in action the two characters have little in common. Trainer-c 09:01, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- The star thing, that's all. But seriously, get rid of all the similarity things. OptimatumTalk|♊09:02 23 Mar 2008
Should it be noted that Jirachi is obtainable via a special Pokemon Colosseum preview disk that came with Jirachi: Wish Maker? That's how I got my jirachi, a few years back. -- Chris 03:50, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, you get the Bonus Disc if you pre-ordered Colosseum. I didn't pre-order, and I wanted a Jirachi so bad those four years ago. BlueJirachi 02:48, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- At the time, my then girlfriend had the disk and gave me one. Still have it, in my Diamond PC.
Grass and electric?
i think there's something wrong with Jirachi's move set. Doesn't it get a STAB point from Doom Desire since it is part Steel?--PG1 FTW! 12:32, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Doom Desire don't receive STAB since it's typeless, much like Future Sight. ►Ҝəυzø8 12:35, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
but is says it's type is steel. im still confused.--PG1 FTW! 13:49, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
If Jirachi is only available from a bonus disk, why is HG/SS pokemon location TRADE, shouldnt it be pal park, and shouldnt the name colouring be blank, yet its coloured as though its available through catching, breeding, evolving or you recieve it... or am I wrong? --Ben7229 00:00, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- "Trade" is the default location. We haven't quite got around to updating it yet. —darklordtrom 05:39, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
oh...ok!--Ben7229 19:24, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Also, it isn't solely avalable via the Bonus Disc. There have been numerous Daisuki events in Japan, most notably the NZ event and more than likely one heading to the U.S. so technically it is trade as well. -LugiaRocks (Talk ★ Edits) 19:27, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
When I got my Pikachu-Colored Pichu from GameStop the guy at the counter showed me a flyer suggesting that there will be a Jiriachi download (like the Pichu) Feb. 27- March 13. Is this true? I can't find it on Bulbapedia or GameStop's website.--NEOgreenSOROU 14:39, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
- Yes it is true. It is on bulbapedia, though on the event Pokémon 2010 page. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 14:41, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
Smeargle, Jirachi Doom Desire.
The article says Jirachi is the only Pokémon that learns Doom Desire. Does that mean Sketch can't work on it? If Sketch can work on it, then the wording in the article should be changed to imply Jirachi is the only Pokémon to learn the move through level up. Yami 19:23, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
- When we talk about learning stuff, we usually exclude Sketch because Smeargle can learn EVERYTHING. —darklordtrom 05:28, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
The Wish Cave article says that wishing for "something good?" will either raise the rescue team to the next rank or give a non-recruited boss Pokémon. But what if you already have the Lucario Rank? Will it automatically give the boss Pokémon? QuackOfaThousandSuns 20:37, 9 April 2010 (UTC)
Eye of Truth?
Can someone (or even me) add the fact that Jirachi's "Eye of Truth" is opened in its R/S/E sprite, while it's closed in the D/P/Pt/HG/SS sprite? Or it isn't necessary anymore? Palkia38 12:01, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
The trivia says that it is the only Pokémon to learn the same move twice by level up, but what about Smeargle and Sketch? Zappyton 14:28, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
- You're right. I've removed that trivia. --AndyPKMN 17:39, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
Shouldn't we explain what the Eye of Truth does? ----Desukaan563's userpage has a Value Formula to measure Pokémon worth (talk) 13:02, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
No wild location?
...Aren't there a ton of Pokémon with no in-game location? Like trade-only Pokémon (Magmortar, Politoed etc.), starters, many fully-evolved Pokemon (especially those that require stones to evolve). I could go on, but you get the point. Frenchhorn 23:46, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- What are you trying to say here out of curiosity, a statement isn't really a question? --Spriteit 11:18, 12 February 2012 (UTC)