YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Same question here that I asked about Arbok. --BJG
>While we're on the subject, would you say Weezing's tendancy to explode actually counts as it using Explosion, or is that just something that happens by accident? - Zeta
I have no idea. Is it able to battle immediately after? --BJG
>Well, usually it will be hit by a Fire-type attack and Team Rocket will go blasting off afterwards, then someone will make a comment on how explosive Weezing's poison gas is. I'm not sure if it just explodes by itself, or if the fire sets off the attack, or what. My point being that it's just a good idea to keep the thing away from Cyndaquil. - Zeta
Regarding its origin: The "Christmas present" line was the dub of the line in question. They didn't say specifically that they came from Giovanni, but they said that they were received as mid-year/end-of-year gifts, which are usually given by one's employer as thanks for the work done in the past year.
Regarding Explosion: I don't remember this particular Weezing having a tendency to explode. Remember that the area around TR explodes now, even though Weezing is long gone. I think it's a coincidence. --Argy 13:42, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Isn't the proper name "James' Weezing"? Porygon-Z 22:31, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- No, I'm fairly certain he's right. When you have a name that ends in s, you're supposed to put the apostrophe after it without adding a second, possessive s. --Dual 08:01, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- In some forms of English, that's correct. No one can really come to a consensus. But really, why would you leave out the apostrophe-s? Is it more than one Jame owning a Weezing? No. It's James owning a Weezing. James's Weezing. Besides, how do you say it? I personally have always said it as "jame-zez". Plus, it'd make a HUGE exception to the anime Pokémon template. TTEchidnaGSDS! 08:59, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Aha! Found it. "Many English writers have adopted the nonstandard usage (even in formal writing) of adding only an apostrophe for the singular possessive of a noun ending in "s". Pronouns do not combine with ’s to form possessives; there are a range of possessive pronouns used instead." Meaning, pretty much, that as long as people are correcting "and" at the beginning of a sentence, "James's" is correct. Plus, it came from "his", according to the 'kipedia article on 's, and we're not removing the 't from "shouldn't", now are we? TTEchidnaGSDS! 09:04, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Location in Hoenn?
Haigney or Stuart
Who does the English voice Haigney or Stuart I always tought it sounded like Stuart honestly I don't think Haigney voices it and I doubt that person who claimed to be Kayzie Rogers isn't and is just screwing up articles Livinlarge18 00:52, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- If she was screwing up the articles, then why did she add roles that only Kayzie would know, and also edit Wikipedia at the same time? Plus, she also confirmed that Jerry Lobozzo played Quincy T. Quackenpoker, saying she was in the studio at the time.
- As for who played Koffing and Weezing, I'm not sure. Weezing I'm sure was Stuart, but Koffing may have been Haigney. I thought it sounded similar to Muk and Geodude. --PAK Man Talk 02:14, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes. I really have no idea who voiced Koffing or Wheezing. But "I" am really "me" and here right now.. and fixing up a few errors as I find them. Thanks for being fans of our show! --KayzieRogers 13:06, 15 August 2009 (UTC)KayzieRogers
When was James's Weezing considered a Male (in the dub)
- I don't think it ever was, but I could be wrong. Chocolate((Talk to Me|Look at My Contributions)) 22:41, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Weezing appeared before abilities were introduced. In order for it to have Levitate, it had to activate it in the anime before it got released. The levitating was more of anime physics. PattyMan 15:43, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- Shouldn't we include Weezing in the Haze article, with the notes seciton stating that this was used in the English Dub Only?Confusion 19:23, 31 March 2012 (UTC)