Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Somebody explain to me why James's first Victreebel kept biting him out of compassion while his second one did the same to Jessie. There's a possibility that James's first Victreebel's female. - unsigned comment from Pikajigglychan (talk • contribs)
- James's first Victreebel bit Jessie once. --ケンジのガール 07:19, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
- I wouldn't think so. Maybe if it was his only dual-type ever... —darklordtrom 06:50, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd
- In a flashback he was shown to use Weezing to catch Wepinbell, so he did not have it pre-series. In this ep all of TR's pokemon are stolen, with no wepinbell Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 00:27, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
Is it actually stated in any episode that Victreebel is displaying its affection for James, rather than actually attacking James? Victreebel is always scowling when it bites James, even though it has been shown to display other emotions in the anime, and the second Victreebel also attacks Jessie, within the same episode it is captured, so it's not unique to James's Victreebel. Plus its Red & Blue Pokedex entries imply that they eat people. Cacnea and Carnivine may be showing their love of James when they jump on him, but Victreebel is a different Pokemon. XVuvuzela2010X 15:29, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- I seriously don't think that it's showing affection either. There's no evidence to prove this, and in EP269, James even says that
- Victreebel is always on confusing him for food!Confusion 19:18, 31 March 2012 (UTC)