Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Hey, shouldn't there be the Gen III incenses listed here, too? I'd do it, but I only know of Sea Incense, and I don't know where it's found. Jazzmoth 17:35, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, the Gen III incenses are listed, as they also appear in Gen IV. All we need added are the Gen III locations for the ones that appeared in Gen III - Kogoro | Talk to me - 18:07, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hm, and an add-on comment here. The two incense that do appear in Gen III have their locations already! ^_^ - Kogoro | Talk to me - 18:33, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well oops on my part! I guess I thought there were more in Gen III, and expected them to have their own section. My bad! Thanks! Jazzmoth 23:36, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
There's a rumour that making a Surfing Pikachu hold a Wave Incense allows it to pass down Surf to its child Pichu? Mere hogwash, or is there something in it? - unsigned comment from Spikkle (talk • contribs)
- Go on and test it yourself, but I heavily doubt it. Wave Incense is for Mantine. TTEchidna 19:07, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
Do incences get used up? or do they stay held?
- Nope incenses aren't consumable, you get to keep them even after you breed a Pokémon with them. ZestyCactus 23:28, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
Should it be added that the Wave and Sea Incenses are the only ones to share an efect? ( They both bost water moves )--Zendude 02:18, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
Do the Incenses work on Ditto? For example, a male Snorlax is put in Day Care with a Ditto holding Lax Incense. Will it give a Munchlax? Saxton Hale 15:36, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure the incense must be held by the non-Ditto Pokémon. In the example you gave, simply have Snorlax hold the Incense, and Ditto do its Ditto stuff. Puceron 14:40, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Don't know about Ditto, but I was breeding a Chimecho (female) and a Magcargo (male). The Chimecho had an Everstone and the Magcargo had the Pure Incense, and I got Chinglings... I'm betting on the only requirement being that the incense is there, at least in HG/SS. BP 09:39, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
I realise it may make little difference in this case, but aren't lists like this normally organized by which generation the item was introduced in? --sHoggard - rookie Pokéwiz 03:23, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- I looked at a few of the lists we have, and they are all in alphabetiical order, rather than generation of introduction. Werdnae (talk) 03:52, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
Do the power-boosting Incenses give 20% increases, as similar items do? InkArm 03:17, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
In white version I remember buying all the incenses at the Driftveil market, and I already had one of them. I don't remember which one it was, but I think it was either the Wave incense or the Sea incense. Basically what I'm trying to say is I'm pretty sure one of them can be found in-game and not bought but I'm not exactly sure where? If anyone has any idea that'd be great. --Maddiesapphire (talk) 17:03, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone have some definite specifics on how much the type-boosting incenses boost (are they all 20%?) and the amount that pure incense reduces your encounter rate? Harumei (talk) 15:27, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- Smogon says 20% on the power boosting incenses, not sure about the Pure Incense though. Jdthebud (talk) 18:41, 11 March 2014 (UTC)