Talk:Hoenn Safari Zone
Hey, I've noticed that you can fly out of this Safari Zone....Totodilesentret 20:05, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
When changing locations in the Safari Zone (at least in Ruby) it doesn't show the area number, it just shows "Safari Zone" at the top of the screen. Because of this, it's very difficult to tell what area you're in when hunting for certain pokemon. It would be incredibly useful to have an edited map image that displayed the boundaries and numbers of each area, if anyone knows them. Tharris 01:06, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
my bad, just saw that there is in fact a graphic for this. Upon discovering this, I would now lobby to move that graphic up on the page so that it's more noticeable.. Tharris 01:07, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Area 6's percentages add to 130%, excluding Shuckle. Needs a fix? Cjcurry 10:15, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Wow. That was incredibly out. Cheers. —darklordtrom 11:53, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Pikachu Encounter Percentage?
After around fifty encounters in Area 1 (I've checked loads to see if I'm in the right area) I've yet to find a Pikachu. Maybe I'm just really unlucky, but surely I'd have encountered at least one if they have a thirty percent chance of appearing? I'm using the emerald version, and I've seen at least three of all the others in the Area 1 list.
EDIT: To follow up on that, I managed to find one eventually. The ONLY place in the entire park I could find them was the very first patch of grass in Area 1 (the one with the pokeblock feeder). This could suggest that the percentages are based off of which patch of grass/water being explored, rather than the area.
- It's a 5% chance in the lower two areas. Add to that the fact that you seem to be really unlucky, and you've got yourself and you've got yourself an explanation. —darklordtrom 20:21, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Doublecheck it for every other Pokémon, then yeah. —darklordtrom 04:42, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- If you have played the game and it's confirmed then feel free to edit the page yourself for these kinds of things. —♥ Jello 06:12, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Rock Smash area?
The page says "Certain areas can only be accessed with the Mach Bike, Acro Bike, Surf, or Rock Smash." I haven't been able to find a location accessible only by using Rock Smash... on the map graphic or during gameplay. (I'm playing Sapphire.) Please can someone confirm whether or not this area exists, before I spend hours searching for a hidden area behind a smashable rock which may not in fact be there at all? Thanks :) NekoEmmi (talk) 13:02, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
- The smashable rocks do not prevent progress and only exist to allow encountering Geodude and Shuckle. I'll fix that up. --SnorlaxMonster 13:55, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
I added to the trivia that Safari Pokémon excluding the Oddish, Magikarp, and Goldeen families don't appear anywhere else in Hoenn, suggesting they may be imported from elsewhere, but it was deleted. Was it incorrect? Just here for some fun - Scribbl 13:28, 6 January 2015 (UTC)