YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Not a Bug
Glitch city is not caused by a bug, it is Caused by a missing hex. --MysteryHeff? 23:44, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
- Is a mixing hexadecimal not anomalous?--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 23:52, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
I added a quirk about the "Infinite Trees," signs, doors, and cave entrances. LordArceus 16:47, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
Cinnabar Island's east coast
The article states that the common Glitch City may be found if surfed in the Cinnabar Island's east coast. Actually, you can surf in all Route 20 to get *that* Glitch City. It's just that Cinnabar's east coast IS in Route 20. I'm gonna change it now. --Dr. James 05:15, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
Doesn't work in Yellow Version?
It seems that I can't access Glitch City in my Yellow Version. I followed the steps correctly, but here is what happened: 1. I entered the Safari Zone, saved, turned my game on and off. 2. I exited the Safari Zone, but instead of being asked whether I would like to start a new Safari Zone run, I was asked "Leaving early?" and I replied "Yes."
Now, unless the steps mean that I should reply "No" to "Leaving early?", I believe this is not possible to achieve in Yellow Version.
Thoughts? Zachera 11:35, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- These are the precise steps:
- Travel to the Safari Zone. Enter a Safari Game, save the game, turn it off, then turn it back on.
- Exit the Safari Zone. The attendant will ask if the player would like to join a Safari Game. Answer "no".
- Fly anywhere (for the easiest Glitch City to walk in, go to Route 20).
- After taking 500 steps, the Safari Zone's PA will ring, and the player will be teleported into the Safari Zone gatehouse.
- Leave the gatehouse through the south exit, and the player will be in Glitch City.
Did you follow these? Smashman 11:48, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- I've done it before, so yes, you can do it. Anything further needs to be at the forums. R.A. Hunter Blade 14:15, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
Happiness level doesn't change...
The article states that accessing Glitch City on Pokémon Yellow Version causes Pikachu to dislike the player. However, when I tried this, my Pikachu still loved me. Is that really true? Soul of Dawn 20:23, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
See what I did there?
- You're so clever. No, really. 09:02, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
The explanation for Glitch City seems to be a bit unclear: "The reason the player may find themselves in Glitch City upon exiting the gate is because the door that would lead out to Fuchsia City is coded so that the warp points to warp 4 on the last map the player was on." I'm not too familiar with the Safari Zone, but I think when you leave the Safari Zone building after you have been to the Safari Zone, the last map you were on usually is one of the Safari Zone areas, so according to that sentence you would have to be teleported back to that area instead of Fuchsia City. So the phrasing "the last map the player was on" doesn't seem to be quite right... Nav 19:43, 20 December 2011 (UTC)