Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Didn't Squirtle appear in the Samurai episode in a flashback? So shoudn't that be the debut episode?--Jmath 18:56, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree, because it wasn't clear who owned the Squirtle there. The flashback pictures were only the pokémon, we didn't see the trainer's faces. TheBlazikenMaster 20:57, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
That is true, but Samurai did say that he fought the trainers from Pallet Town, and didn't Ash asked he fought Gary? Dean
- Yes, and the Samurai didn't tell him what Pokémon Gary used. TheBlazikenMaster 21:22, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yes but now that we watched the late johto episode everything is clear so that should be the debut episode Ritchie 10:47 , 18 July 2008
Is it ABSOLUTELY certain that this is Gary's starter? Was it specifically stated anywhere? Legionaireb 20:27, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- In the episode The Ties that bind Professor Oak has a flashback stating that Blastoise was his starter and he remembers it when it was just a squirtle. I think that confirms it. --Pokemaster97 20:31, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- It shouldn't have been there in the first place. Blue and Gary are not the same person and they shouldn't be treated as such. --ケンジのガール 21:01, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- To make a better example of my edit summary I used in the revert, like putting Red's Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, and Lapras from HGSS into the articles of Ash's respective Pokémon. --ケンジのガール 21:15, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Brock's and Misty's Comments on seeing Blastoise
I was looking at the trivia for this page and looking at Gary's page, and I noticed that Gary had gotten both the Boulder Badge as well as the Cascade Badge. Given the comments with Brock and Misty, could it be that they had Gary come in and battle them before travelling with Ash?--Pokemon26 (talk) 15:31, 5 September 2013 (UTC)