Talk:Game move errors
- 1 Bonsly
- 2 Moves at the wrong level
- 3 Guardian Signs skills
- 4 Mainspace?
- 5 Goldeen's Splash in Smash Bros?
- 6 Rayquaza's Dig
- 7 Pokémon Stadium 2 Problems
- 8 Sidney's Shiftry
- 9 Bruno's Exeggutor
- 10 Gen VI illegal move?
- 11 Entei
- 12 Victory Road Flygon
- 13 Fairy Wind Gardevoir
- 14 Rumble World
- 15 Winstrate Vicky's Meditite and Norman's Linoone
- 16 On Aerodactyl and Dragonite
- 17 Regarding Moltres's Leer Error Status
- 18 Nobody mentioned Blissey with Reflect?
Er, should we really include Bonsly just because it's using a move one generation before its (Bonsly's, I mean) official debut? On that note, there's a Machamp in one of the Battle CDs that can use Swords Dance. I'll try to find more details. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 13:17, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- I agree, including Bonsly's Rock Slide is comparable to adding every move used by Harrison's Blaziken/Kecleon, May's Munchlax, James's Mime Jr. and Brock's Bonsly and the others here.--電禅Den Zen 13:34, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Moves at the wrong level
Should we list moves that Pokémon can learn, but cannot know at their level? For example, a user recently added Winona's Altaria for Dragon Dance. If we do, they should certainly be in a separate section to the rest of them, like the illegal combinations are. --SnorlaxMonster 05:17, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
- I've moved Altaria to its own section, are there any others that need added? XVuvuzela2010X 19:19, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Guardian Signs skills
I don't think we should be listing "throwing rocks" and "teleporting" as using the moves. They can simply be skills rather than moves, and based on Pokémon Ranger as a whole, are very unlikely to be. --SnorlaxMonster 01:54, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- A little late, but I agree. For all we know, they are simply using Fling, or even just throwing them without any sort of attack being involved. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 02:26, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
- I got rid of the "rock throw", but I think Bronzor using Teleport should stay, I don't think there is a difference between Teleport and 'teleporting'. IMO, it would be the same as saying, for example, the Bellsprout in DP134 is just absorbing the foe's energy, instead of using Absorb. XVuvuzela2010X 21:50, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Goldeen's Splash in Smash Bros?
- Just checked the appropriate pages to make sure, and it looks like a move error to me. Will add it. Berrenta (talk) 14:52, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
Pokémon Stadium 2 Problems
I haven't played Stadium 2 in ages so I could be wrong but I think that there are mistakes in the raichu and the exeggutor. I believe that if you beat round 2 mode of Stadium 2 and brought pikachu with you in each battle, it rewarded you by letting you teach it surf. If that is the case then it would be possible to have a raichu with an egg move and surf. I also think that you could use TMs from RBY on a pokémon in a GSC game if you went to that place that you could move boxes and items around. I'm less sure on that one though because it was long before I bred for egg moves so I could be completely off base there. O76923 (talk) 09:10, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
- Reversal and AncientPower were introduced in Generation II, so you can't trade Pokémon that know them to Generation I games.--電禅Den Zen 09:32, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
- After checking, I am able to confirm that it should not learn it that early. Also, since Seedot cannot learn it by breeding, I added it to the list. Thanks for catching that. Berrenta (talk) 00:38, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
- Let me ask you a question. Why didn't you add it yourself? I will admit that sometimes I bring something up in the discussion pages if I'm about to add something that's questionable. But since you know for a fact that's true and worthy, I don't see how you couldn't add it yourself. TheBlazikenMaster (talk) 17:54, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
Could we reword the sentence for Bruno's Exeggutor so it says it couldn't learn both AncientPower and Explosion simultaneously at the time, because since Gen III it's been possible to have an Exeggutor that legally knows both those moves. --Reli★ジーランス? 12:52, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
Gen VI illegal move?
I noticed on Battle Chatelaine Evelyn's page, that her Entei knows Sacred Fire. If I have seen it correctly, shouldn't Ho-Oh be the only one with this move or do we have to wait to tell for this one? Frozen Fennec 02:39, 22 December 2013 (UTC)
- Since Entei is not currently available in Generation VI, we actually don't know if it can learn Sacred Fire. Until Poké Transporter is released, I think it is best to give the game the benefit of the doubt. --SnorlaxMonster 02:43, 22 December 2013 (UTC)
- Seeing as Pokémon Bank was released today, I guess we'll see soon enough if it's an illegal move eh? :P Frozen Fennec 19:15, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
In that image of Bryce's Piloswine using Fury Attack, that's Entei on the defence isn't it? It doesn't match the G2 sprites given on Entei's page, but it sure looks like Entei's G3 backsprites. Did it have a different back sprite in Crystal that Entei's page doesn't have on record? Bug Catcher Wade 08:09, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, it's its Crystal sprite. We are currently working on to update the sprite template so that it can have all the sprites.--電禅Den Zen 09:01, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
Victory Road Flygon
In Pokémon Black/White 2, I might get the level wrong, but you have to trust me. I fought a Flygon in Victory Road that hit my Flygon with Dragon Claw at level 54, despite learning it at level 55.
He might have taught it via TM, but I'm just peeved off he beat up my Flygon that was the SAME EXACT LEVEL with a move that he doesn't learn naturally at the level. SuperLuigi9624 (talk) 01:33, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
- It's not unusual at all for regular trainers to use TM moves, even if they'd be part of a learnset at a later level. It's otherwise not worth putting in this article. Chicobo329 (talk) 03:42, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
Really now? I never noticed any out-of-the-blue TM moves. Probably because I'm always so overleveled and one-shot them. But, isn't the TM for that located at Dragonspiral Tower? It's out of place. But I'm still angry at that trainer. SuperLuigi9624 (talk) 19:04, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
- TM02 is in Victory Road in BW. --Jdthebud (talk) 06:23, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Fairy Wind Gardevoir
Since the Froakie and Togepi were, in fact, gifts, should their moves be considered event moves in the vein of 15th Anniversary Rayquaza's V-create and Shiny Entei's Flare Blitz? - Chosen of Mana 13:51, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
- The main difference is that the event Pokémon were distributed for the main games with the move in question. As for the Gift Froakie and Togepi, it's best if we don't list their illegal moves as event moves; that could create confusion. Berrenta (talk) 22:22, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
Winstrate Vicky's Meditite and Norman's Linoone
It is level 18 and knows Hi Jump Kick which Meditite doesn't normally learn until level 32 in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Is a move at the wrong level? In Pokémon Colosseum is one of its purified moves. NeoCrimson 04:48, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- It's possible to breed a Meditite with Hi Jump Kick (so hatching at level 5 in Gen III) if both parents know it. --SnorlaxMonster 11:12, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
On Aerodactyl and Dragonite
- Unless an old game is updated (not talking about remakes), it is not possible for an error to become a "former" error like it may for the anime, manga, or TCG. Tiddlywinks (talk) 11:50, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
Regarding Moltres's Leer Error Status
It doesn't seem like Leer Moltres should be listed on this page. In Japan, "Leer Moltres" has become an internet meme of sorts, lamenting Moltres for learning the move in Gen I at the same level Articuno learns Blizzard and Zapdos learns Thunder. Considering the PWT download tournament gave Moltres the move deliberately to reference this, does it really qualify as an "error"? Desupisaro (talk) 06:35, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
- It would as a player cannot own a Moltres with the move in that Generation legally. --Super goku (talk) 07:40, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
Nobody mentioned Blissey with Reflect?
Although Chansey can in RBY, there's no way for Blissey to have it in XD. I'd add it myself, but I'm afraid of breaking the table. Unowninator (talk) 05:28, 28 March 2016 (UTC) Okay, so I thought that area was just gray because it was highlighting the change. I was wrong. I'll try to fix that now. Also, I tried to upload this image, but it wouldn't let me.  Unowninator (talk) 17:10, 28 March 2016 (UTC) Never mind; Cold beat me to it. Unowninator (talk) 17:13, 28 March 2016 (UTC)