The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Fury Cutter (move)
- I read somewhere that it maxes out after it's power has reached a value of 16 times it's original power (10). So that would mean after 5 turns it's power would reach 160 and in the next turn it would reset. TESHIGIGAS 19:24, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Are we even sure of that?--DRAGONBEASTX 23:34, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- I just tried this in Diamond. The 6th hit did at least as much damage as the 5th. It doesn't reset, but maxes out, so the base power would go 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 160, 160, etc. Meeve 04:09, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
STAB and Technician
Scyther can learn Fury Cutter. This being a Bug-type move with base power less-than 60, what would (should/etc) happen when a Technician Scyther uses this move? Would it start with an increased base power of 10 × 3/2 × 3/2 = 22 and double from there, achieving an attack power of whopping 352 at the fifth turn? Or it would cap at attack power of 160 as with the normal version? If it is the former, would it be notable to mention in the article? --Solovino 21:10, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
- First off, STAB Doesn't Affect base power directly. It is multiplied at the end. Meaning that the first time Fury attack is used the Base power is effectively 15. As to how it affects base power, it depends on whether the game doubles the last base power used or doubles the listed base power or it might simply cap off at 160. I would say that it is probably the second one, but I can't say for certain. Here is a chart for the first two cases. Feel free to fix it if anyone finds some errors with my math. The Professor 02:22, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
|Turn||Listed Power||Last Power|
|1||10*1.5||= 15||10*1.5||= 15|
|2||20*1.5||= 30||30*1.5||= 45|
|3||40*1.5||= 60||90||= 90|
|4||80||= 80||180||= 180|
|5||160||= 160||360||= 360|
And what happens if we add a Metronom item in all this? Q's bone 04:57, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- The Metronome is like STAB it gets added to the end. It doesn't affect the base power directly. The Professor 02:22, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
It's power is doubled here. Does this means that Fury Cutter can hit up to 320 of Base Power? If yes, it would have hit more than Explosion without any bonuses to power (also, Explosion as of Generation V doesn't halves Defense. Although, just a consecutive hits increased power could be a "bonus") Marked +-+-+ 13:23, 5 October 2010 (UTC)