Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
If it was this easy to clone Pokemon, why didn't Dr. Fuji use it to revive Bulbasaurtwo, Charmandertwo, and Squirtletwo? TorchicBlaziken 22:58, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
Lid Fossil name confusion
Is it called the Lid fossil or Shell fossil? Because in some places it is called Shell fossil. Pokemaster97 16:29, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
Some articles talk about Remoraid fossils, and even Brawl/RBY itself has a stage of a Kabutops fossil. Is this notable to talk about? ht14 03:12, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
- *cough* We could make this article much more expansive if we do so. ht14 22:54, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Where are fossils revived in Johto? The article doesn't list a location.--Purimpopoie 19:49, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- In HGSS you can revive them at the Pewter Museum of Science. I guess I should add that to the article... ZestyCactus 19:51, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Is it possible to get shiny fossils because the sprites of Cranidos,Sheildon,Lileep (those guys) have shinys because I want shiny LILEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! Vulpix 2010 10:50, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
I dont know how to do it, and im not sure what the bag sprites are, but ive found out that Aaken revives from wing fossil, and puratooga is from an (i dont know yet) unnamed fossil. both found in ancient castle. could someone add it please? i dont know how! thanks!--Ben7229 19:11, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- They're called the Feather and Shell/Lid Fossils. I'm waiting for BP's romanization of the Shell/Lid fossil before I put it. It's Turtwig A! My talk or wiki edits 16:31, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- We're using Wing and Shell, iirc. —darklordtrom 10:23, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
It stills unknown because of the translation from japanese to english. In japanese, every character and every word have multiple meanings. Sakas 18:08, 27 October 2010 (UTC)SakasFixe
Should we have a page specifically on the Pokémon which can be revived from fossils? Said page could include base stat totals, comparisons, whathaveyou. I think there are enough of them now that such a page could be worthwhile. --AndyPKMN 01:57, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
Other "living fossils"
What about mentioning other dinosaur like pokemon, like Lapras, Tropius, Aaron/Lairon/Aggron... ? Relicanth is mentioned.
- Relicanth is stated in canon locations, such as the Pokédex and the anime, to be a living fossil. The "dinosaur-like" ones you mentioned aren't. Werdnae (talk) 04:29, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
what about pokemon like the weather trio, who are supposed to be super ancient? or shellder, which the omastar pokedex entry says it was around in its time? Arrchec 16:36, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
- Mew needs a mention, I think it was stated in the anime that Mewtwo was revived from the DNA of a Mew fossil? Vuvuzela2010⚡ 16:43, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
ah yes, it was an eyelash in the anime Arrchec 17:41, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
Fixing the Page and Gen V fossil question
I think the page could use some fixing and make it look like the other items pages (Fancy menu tables rather then a hunk of text). Also are the Gen V fossils Key items or regular items like the other fossils post Gen IV. You only seem to get either one... PDL 03:02, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Would it be possible to get an image of all the Fossil Pokémon up to Generation VI together and put it on the top of the page, sorta like the image we had at one point on the Eeveelutions page? Dialgafan1 (talk) 02:04, 23 September 2013 (UTC)