Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Frygon a mistake?
I don't exactly see how this is a mistake since R is used to represent both L and R when transliterating English into Japanese. Eszett 09:48, 1 January 2006 (CST)
It is considered a mistake because they quite obviously (though not necessarily) were aiming for Flygon when they set the romanisation for this Pokémon. (The exact romanisation, however, is furaigon, not Frygon or Flygon) - 振霖T 08:19, 2 January 2006 (CST)
- It appears at this point as though "Frygon" was, in fact, a mistake. :D --ニョロトノ666 00:14, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
I thought part of Flygon's name came from its polygon wings. Yami 00:28, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, the wings appear to have a good deal of curvature to them, unlike Vibrava, who does have polygonal wings.
- Personally, I just thought that someone messed up and switched Flygon's name with Salamence. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 00:32, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Though since Salamence is Bohmander, it makes sense for it to keep the salamander reference...and Flygon's Frygon. TTEchidna 03:23, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Decent point, that. I was wondering that myself.Kiryu 22:57, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
More Possible Trivia. . .
I thought it was pretty strange that Flygon is in the Bug Egg Group. I looked at the article about the Bug Egg Group, and noticed that Flygon and its Pre-evolved forms are the only Pokémon in the Bug Egg Group that aren't part Bug-type, except for Gligar and Gliscor. Is this worthy of the Trivia Section. (By the way, it is frustrating that it is part of the Bug Egg Group because I can't breed any Dragon-type moves into it, like Dragon Rush or Outrage.) Superbreeder What's up? 00:09, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well it is based off of an insect, the Antlion.Shadow1337 22:49, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- And also, I have a flygon on my team that I caught from a vibrava, but in the trivia it said you cant catch any of the evolutions
i think we should change that, if any of you approve. P.S. caught the vibrava at Route 228.
HeartGold and SoulSilver
I'm not far enough in the games yet to verify and change it myself, but according to the pages for Trapinch and Vibrava, both of them are available in HeartGold and SoulSilver in the Johto Safari Zone. Shouldn't then Flygon's page say, for HeartGold and SoulSilver, "Evolve Vibrara", not "Trade"? Ritabuuk 17:09, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
In other languages
Flygon is missing one.... --Han Ji-Wan 02:57, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- Found it in the page history. Seems that I accidentally deleted it several months ago. --SnorlaxMonster 13:41, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, saw that too. I'm not good at correcting tables, though. Once I messed up the whole Naturfe Power article trying to fix it. Could someone with knowledge fix this? ARCEUSVICTINI 20:05, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
Based on a European dragon?
To what extent would it be appropriate to say that Flygon is based on a European dragon? It clearly isn't completely based on the adult antlion/dragonfly (it resembles a dragon much more than it resembles an insect, unlike its pre-evolution); it has the body plan and build of a European dragon, and its arms and tail are clearly reptilian rather than insectoid. Darthrai 06:16, 24 December 2011 (UTC)
Okay, I've put in an addition to the trivia a while ago, looking like this: "Despite the fact that Flygon can create sandstorms at will, it cannot have the ability Sand Stream", only to find it deleted. I've put it back in, but won't bring it back if it ends up deleted once more. I would just like to ask why it was removed. Drakko 14:20, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- It can learn Sandstorm via TM. That, and its dex entry explains how it creates sandstorms (flapping its wings)--ForceFire 14:23, 4 June 2012 (UTC)