Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Damage Dealing Moves
i was looking through here and noticed all the attacks, except for the first, are shoved over to the wrong side. this goes for the desc. as well. i looked in the coding, but couldnt find anything, but im not much of an expert.. MAGNEDETHTALK 04:29, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
- never mind, i fixed it myself. lets just say there IS a difference between a "1" and an "l"
- MAGNEDETHTALK 02:23, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Should it be noted in the article that the Water/Ground/Rock types (the 3 types that Fire is weak to) share a weakness to Grass? A fair number of Fire-types can learn Solarbeam, so they would kind of have a defensive measure against Water, Rock, and Ground. Diachronos 16:13, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Fire Beats Flying?
I thought Fire was super-effective against flying in Generatinon I and maybe Generation II. (Because game guides recomended cyndaquil for beating the flying gym in G/S/C). --Lnk2128 12:34, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- its probably because fire is neutral to flying and super effective to bugs whereas grass is weak against both and water is .... i dunno bout that one :D :D :D --D i o n 2 4 :D :D :D 12:37, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Is it trivia worthy to say that all the fire type starters are the fastest ones in their group? (with the exeption of Torchic and Pokabu as Treecko is the fastest for the Hoenn starters and we haven't seen Pokabu's base stats)Cyndaquil155 13:59, 28 August 2010 (UTC)
What about the majority of fire starters gain fighting as their secondary type?RainbowDelta 00:43, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
Complete Burn & Nitro Charge
I thought I remember seeing that there was a move (Complete Burn) revealed though I don't see it on the list. In other words I made a Nitro Charge page, I just need someone to approve it. Click Here to see my Nitro charge page!--KayKay|Chat to me! 09:15, 31 August 2010 (UTC)
Under Characteristics the article discusses the lack of a water resistand sub-type, stating that until Gen V all fire-type pokemon were weak to water. It goes on to say that with the introduction of Reshiram, the problem is eradicated. Isn't that a little strong? Reshiram is one pokemon, and it's a version-exclusive legendary, so it's very rare and very likely to be banned. The problem still persists. ^_^ Delspencerdeltorro 02:21, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
Generation V secondary fire types; trivia addition
Would it be note worthy enough to say in the trivia section that Generation V has introduced 4 times as many secondary Fire type Pokémon as all other generations combined? Houndour and Houndoom were the only Pokémon to have this trait before Generation V and both are part of the same evolutionary line and were introduced in the same generation. Obviously, if this information were to be added it should be worded differently. Another way to word it could be:
- 80% of Pokémon with Fire as their secondary type were added in Generation V.
Looking at all the type articles some of them, like "Ice (type)", have the moves listed in the old tables, while some like this one and "Bug (type)" have new tables. So are the articles in transition to the new tables or what is going on? PkmnChmp5 03:41, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
- Glass Cannon is a common fan term that even has a TV Tropes entry with over 100 examples. And no offense, but your grammar is more stupid than the term.--電禅Den Zen 15:49, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, first of all that is offensive. Second, the fan term has nothing to do regarding pokemon if you are stating other fan terms such as Pseudo legendary, so I thought it should be deleted.
In the Characteristics Section it says "Steel Pokemon tend to have high Defense but low Special Defense. This means that they would have very little trouble dealing with special moves." It should say that they have a lot of trouble dealing with special moves due to there low Special Defense. (Charizard101 (talk) 17:45, 23 July 2012 (UTC))
weaknesses and resistances
Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8LnUq9xmE .The oorotto trailer also shows that dragon still resists fire(the sound of helioptile hitting chespin is the same as charizard hitting flygon). This should be added on the dragon type page aswell 0danmaster0 (talk) 10:34, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
- There's no need to add information saying it hasn't changed. That's assumed unless stated otherwise, it only needs to be mentioned if it has changed. Werdnae (talk) 20:47, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
- I believe 0danmaster0 is referring to the Gen 6 type effectiveness charts SnorlaxMonster has been adding which only notate what has been revealed so far because he suspects some old matchups may change. 0danmaster0 is pointing out that some old matchups have been revealed to be the same as before, so they can be made visible on the page. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 20:51, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
Fire weak to fire?
There's an error in the table, it says Fire's defensive power against Fire is 1/2x. That would mean Fire deals double damage vs Fire. Obviously, it should be at 2x. Xfing (talk) 15:26, 4 September 2013 (UTC)
- No, 1/2x means it does half damage. 2x means it does twice the damage. It's correct. --It's Funktastic~!話してください 15:29, 4 September 2013 (UTC)