Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
- I was just about to say this myself. I sent over my Espeon from XD and it says "Distant land" not "Faraway Place". ZestyCactus 01:02, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
A Pokémon caught in a main series game taking place in another region (such as a Pokémon caught in Johto in HeartGold and SoulSilver traded to Diamond and Pearl, which take place in Sinnoh) will also have this placeholder. Instead of the new place's name appearing, Faraway place will appear instead. huh? What about that "Johto" location data mentioned here? ZestyCactus 02:07, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
- On my game it says "Faraway place" for all of my Pokemon that emigrated from HGSS to DPPt. :/ It could be because HGSS are in Japanese and my DPPt games are European though. It really annoys me that they have to use such a vague placeholder when they have "Kanto" and "Johto" names in the code anyway. Besides, if the data is stored with each Pokemon's data rather than as a set of text strings, surely it should always display the exact place it was captured anyway? Teeth 20:26, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
I have a question What does it show if you trade a Pokemon from DPPT to HGSS? Will it say Faraway Place in Kanto or Johto. ex. Saying Lake Verity in Johto. The out of style INFERNAPE!!!!
- The best answer will come once HeartGold and SoulSilver are released in English. Can we sit tight til then please? —darklordtrom 03:52, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
Alright, it's been released now. Anyone know what the situation is? Buddy Christ 05:30, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
- I traded a Pokemon from my copy of Platinum to HeartGold (both German language versions) and it still showed the location information "Route 203". Anke 20:49, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
I just received a Japanese Gurdurr over the GTS that's dated the day B2W2 came out in Japan and from a "Faraway place," so it seems to be in Generation V, also. Dimenticare (talk) 04:17, 2 August 2012 (UTC)
Mystery Zone in Sinnoh's Battle Tower
It's called "Faraway place" (とおいばしょ) in the save prompt dialog, at least in Platinum. The menu can be opened and the Pokétch's Pedometer app stops counting steps. This requires further research before being added here and in the Mystery Zone article, though. SatoMew 00:39, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- "Created" is not the term I would use, though. I presume you mean to say "caught and traded". I have a few OR sneakup catches in X right now, so if it's not already updated in the article and I confirm it, I'll do it. CycloneGU (talk) 21:57, 4 January 2015 (UTC)