Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Why don't the images work? I've uploaded them on the Archives but they still don't show up here. --Shiny Noctowl 12:02, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Like I said on Talk:Main Page, it's a bug. Images uploaded on the Archives may not show up on the Bulbapedia side at first. The situation usually sorts itself out over time, so I'd recommend leaving them as is--it'll probably fix itself eventually. --Shiningpikablu252 14:18, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- It's been like that for over a day. --Shiny Noctowl 23:19, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Testing Ingrain+Run Away
"No Pokémon species has both Run Away and the ability to learn Ingrain, so it is unknown how the two interact. " This is easy enough to test, simply Baton Pass Ingrain to a Pokemon with Run Away and select run. Eric the espeon 21:51, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- This was tested here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1221818&postcount=6273 . I've updated the article accordingly. Yenreb 23:05, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
Wild Pokémon fleeing?
Can wild, non-roaming Pokémon flee? I've seen a video where it happens in Crystal, but can it still happen in other generations?The Sandwich Oven 21:19, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
- Besides Safari Zone, G/S, Great Marsh, nope. The Fast Ball was used exclusively in the Generation II games for this purpose, and its use was altered in HGSS. ht14 22:48, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
That explains how a Phanpy on Route 46 could flee. Thanks.The Sandwich Oven 22:55, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
Attempting to run after a Pokémon faints
During a wild battle, after one of your Pokémon has fainted you're given the option to attempt to flee. How is this processed? My guess is using the speed of the fainted Pokémon. Tylian 05:04, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
- I was just going to come here and ask if anyone knew the answer to that. That sounds like it'd be the most logical idea though. -Jyavoc 03:50, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Is the term "escape" ever used in-game? The in-battle command is "run", the resulting phrase is "Got away safely!", and the phrase used when a wild Pokémon escapes is "the wild Pokémon fled!" I feel like the page title should be something along these lines, such as "Run" or "Flee". --AndyPKMN (talk) 11:14, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
- I agree with this - I can't remember ever seeing "escape" used. I think "run" would be a better title. Ikarishipper900 00:55, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- Well, if you try to run and fail, the message is "Can't escape!". Blueapple128 22:41, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
"In GSC, all wild Pokémon have a chance of escaping."
Is this true? I don't remember a Pokémon that isn't known for fleeing ever fleeing from me in GSC. If that sentence is true, the statistics of a regular Pokémon fleeing must be really low. Does anyone know them? - Ericss 10:38, 15 March 2012 (UTC)