Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Ekans's head Pattern
Ekans has a "line" in front of its eyes right? and when you look directly above it, the eyes and the lines look like the pattern of the real Spectacled Cobra
- Cool, never noticed that before!(Fossilgojira 14:43, 26 June 2008 (UTC))
In Gold (not sure about Silver) Ekans can be obtained in the Goldenrod Game Corner as a prize. Should this be added to the Location table? --The Almighty Doer of Stuff 18:26, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Ekans isn't found in Silver. Its Sandshrew in the Goldenrod Gamecorner on Silver. Version Exclusives. Xanhawk 22:42 Dec. 21, 2008
- Yes, it can. Turtwig A Contributions Talk 03:50, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Template conversion fail. —darklordtrom 04:25, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
Vemon, not Poison
when will people learn that snakes use vemon in their bites, not poison. You can put vemon on your skin without ill effects, you can't do that with poison. - unsigned comment from Truthseeker4449 (talk • contribs)
- While it's true that in zoology and medicine venom and poison are separate concepts, to the lay reader there is little distinction. Outside those disciplines, venom is simply a specific type of toxin, and toxins are essentially biological poisons.
- That said, I can't see where on the page the term poison is used where venom might be more accurate (perhaps the instance that prompted this topic was already removed), and Ekans being a Poison-type Pokémon rather than a real-world snake, it could potentially be both venomous and poisonous. --AndyPKMN (talk) 19:28, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Ekans not an egg eating snake
Ekans' teeth aren't just showing like many pokemon.Bennell 20:21, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- "Eats the eggs of birds, such as Pidgey and Spearow, whole." Just pointing this out. - Blazios talk 20:44, 20 March 2012 (UTC)