Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
The old dude said she was young. So it seames to me that she the 2nd yungest Pokemon. Cerberus 03:04, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
Obviously, also see was going to put on a dress like Aipom until she saw the balloons. Cerberus 16:49, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
If you must know and find it to be rather rude and unless I have reason to believe otherwise. I default Pokémon gender to that of their original trainers Cerberus 16:58, 4 December 2007 (UTC)
- You never know what the rumor mills will put out, especially given how the episode surrounds a fever. --Shiningpikablu252 20:41, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- All possibilities are being assumed, given how the theme of the episode is a fever. We don't know how bad the fever is. The fever could be minor, Pachirisu recovers within the episode, and it stays on the team. The fever could be moderate, Pachirisu has to be left with the doctors, it's off the team for at least a time. It's even possible that the fever could be highly major and not even the doctors can help Pachirisu, leaving no choice but to let it die. From what we know of the following episode, it's entirely possible Dawn could have to overcome a heavy heart following a Pokémon death in order to win that contest.
- Sure, the odds and the trends both point against the possibility of death, but there's not enough evidence to outright eliminate the possibility. Right now, the only thing that could outright eliminate that possibility is a DP098 announcement and it being an episode surrounding Dawn's Pachirisu. --Shiningpikablu252 20:55, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Dawn must be cold-hearted because Dawn looks perfectly fine in the next episode (the contest episode). If Pachirisu died, I'm sure she wouldn't look as happy as she does. Plus her hair is inspired by Buneary. Don't you think it would be based on Pachirisu, in loving memory. --Dman dustin 22:54, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Oh this makes alot of sense. Remind me to make fun of you several months from now. Thanks to you, people are making retarded threads about it. This is the dumbest of rumours. - PDL
- I can't believe you are being sucked into this crap... There is a reason why Dawn looks fine in the next episode, because Pachirisu is probably fine. You're putting way too much thought into this stupid rumor. --ケンジのガール 02:20, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- Do you guys seriously think the writers would even consider killing off a main character's Pokémon? The show is far too light for that. It's just a random filler akin to the one in Johto where Brock had a fever. This site's protection policy is officially looking too much into things. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 02:26, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
it's gen IV
can we say it's male 'cus of gender diffrences, I mean we can assume all Pokémon caught a charecter is whatever matches the their sprite----Ultamatecharizard 20:30, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- so someone please put it up UltamateCharizard 11:39, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- The anime and games are different things; it has not had it's gender confirmed in the anime. SD13 Simpsondude13>SD13 Talk 09:38, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Gary is now a recurring character. And I hope you are aware of your spelling, at least.--Kevzo8 11:54, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
About the picture
- Changing the main picture wasn't my idea, and I just wanted that the picture is at the Archives. We can take back the old picture if that is better, so nothing is lost, right? (I should have checked the summaries, but, a comment in the page right after the tag would maybe have been more easily seen by those who thought the main picture was bad.) UltimateSephiroth (user · talk · contrib) 23:16, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- Probably Super Fang, as Pachirisu can't even LEARN Hyper Fang. It was also seen rolling or something in the preview. Possibly also learning Rollout? I'm Missingno. Master. See my new and improved user page, and comment on it! 23:43, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
His leanrs 2 new moves, why they had taken off the Shock Wave? Pokedigo. 12:19, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
End the gender dispute?
I know the games and anime are definitely not related, but just use logic here. The only evidence we have for Pachirisu's gender is its head stripe. The point about it appearing as a cheerleader in DP061 can't really be used, as Piplup (supposedly male in the dub) was also in the outfit.
- Yes, we know Pachirisu's head stripe is the strongest evidence, similar to how Ash's Staravia's forehead points to it being male. However, there's a sentence in Staravia's trivia reading "However, the pattern does change shape occasionally in some scenes, therefore it cannot be properly determined." This sentence easily applies to Dawn's Pachirisu as well, word for word. Keep in mind that Staravia's still being debated despite its forehead evidence pretty much being reaffirmed in DP103. If that decoy "female" Staravia doll in DP103 didn't stop the Staravia gender debate, I don't think the Pachirisu gender debate'll be stopping anytime soon (we'll probably need verbal confirmation)...--Shiningpikablu252 06:04, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- Not really. There's no telling which Attract worked on who. It could have been Johanna's male Umbreon attracting Dawn's female Pachirisu. All we know is that Piplup is male, and either Glameow or Umbreon are female. Nothing can be said about Pachirisu. --ケンジのガール 05:23, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone taken into account gender ratios? or who was fighting who during the battle between Johanna and Dawn?
- Now its true Eevee, as well as all its evolved forms have a gender ratio that leans heavy towards male: 87.5% male;12.5% female. On the other side Glameow have a gender ratio that leans towards female: 25% male;75% female. Now obviously one of them had to be female to attract Piplup.
- If you take into account that Piplup is confirmed male, Pachirisu's stripe leans towards it being that of a male, and that Glameow has a gender ratio favoring females, it is extremely likely Glameow is a female.
- The thing is, during the battle, Dawn's Piplup was opposite of Glameow and Piplup opposite of Umbreon. Also if you look at the episode, during the double attract a flurry of gold hearts emitted from the two, but out of them all two large individual ones came out and struck Pachirisu and Piplup. Watching these two large hearts, neither crisscrossed. If anything, Umbreon's Attract heart swerved a little right towards Piplup who it was facing at the time, and during most of the battle. Right after Dawn's Pokémon were inflicted with Attract, Glameow hit Pachirisu with Swift, and Umbreon did the same to Piplup.
- Watch Strategy Begins at Home! If you pay attention you can clearly see the minor details most people miss or don't think about. Yami 21:18, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- If we have to debate it, it probably is a bad idea to confirm it, with this and other cases, as well. Though, if anyone cares, I always thought of it as female at first, but then male later on. But we probably shouldn't its gender until we have more evidence. ----Zewis29 (Talk, Contribs) 22:02, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
Pacharisu Using Attract
In its debut episode, Pacharisu made a kissing expression, with a heart floating out of its mouth. The heart landed on Piplup, whose eyes became little hearts. This is definitely an "Attract" move, and could it also prove that Pacharisu is a female?--Skulblaka Shurtugal 17:33, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know, that could be a representation of Sweet Kiss, a move with a gender-inspecific effect. In fact, the Sweet Kiss page heavily implies that the move was in fact Sweet Kiss.
- Besides, if people used this as evidence pointing toward Pachirisu being female, that would create conflicting gender evidence, since the length of its head stripe heavily implies that Pachirisu's male...--Shiningpikablu252 17:39, 17 November 2009 (UTC)
- We haven't seen any other Pachirisu to compare to. -Sketch 14:01, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
In DP114 and DP138, Pachirisu used a spinning Super Fang. Is this a move improvised, and if so, is it notable enough for a moves improvised section in this article? Every other spin-based variation is, so why not this?--Muk-a-matic-Maketh the Muk go round... 06:03, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
- Unless it is used by more than one pokemon it is not worth adding and creating it an article as a improvised move. ShinyGlaceon 23:55, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Only one of it's species? I think there were two.
Is the Pachirisu that Dawn caught at the end of Twice Smitten, Once Shy the same one she caught and released at the beginning of said episode? I feel that the Pachirisu at the beginning was different than the one currently in Dawn's party. In the beginning, the Pachirisu was very agile and always running around and away from Dawn and Ash's Pokémon, maybe referencing that it had Run Away as its ability, but the second one after its encounter with Team Rocket, it picked up an item after blasting the trio away to free Dawn and friends from the trap that Team Rocket set on them, maybe referencing that its ability might be Pickup. What do you think?
- It was the same Pachirisu though-out the episode. At the start, It being Agile and running away from Dawn and all the character's pokemon is simply apart of its personality, also being playful. Remember when Pachirisu is said to be young and the fact that young kids like running around. When it picked up the spray, I'm sure it was not the Pick up ability, and simply it getting the spray to help the Dawn, Ash and Brock out. Hope this helped Waterninja12345 (talk) 18:50, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
Dawn is male
- There were two Attracts: One was used by Johanna's Glameow, and the other by her Umbreon. Both Glameow's and Umbreon's genders are unknown. It is impossible to determine which Attract hit which of Dawn's Pokémon. The Pokémon that used Attract on Piplup was female, as Piplup is indeed male, but as I said, it's impossible to determine whose Attract this was. This also means it is impossible to determine whose Attract hit Pachirisu, and thus it's hard to say what Pachirisu's gender is. Man, this is hard to explain. Anyway, this doesn't confirm its gender. ☼ BlazingFist ☼ 19:42, 15 July 2013 (UTC)