Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Its name looks like it's based on freeze. Kikugi 09:39, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Or fury since it's all angry Aura-Knight 23:36, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
I would say Freeze and/or Geo(metry). Also it may just be me but that looks more like a mouth than a moustache. The Golux 00:58, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
About solar beam, all of the other pokemon are genderless too..--DAlbertz 13:42, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
This may be the wrong place for this, but as far as a furiijio location, I caught one in the spring in that mountain place before sekka city. I dont think its solely winter exclusive. Just rare. ReaperRuler 05:56, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
What the physiology section of the article labels as a "moustache", I always thought was simply its mouth. Is there any official word on this, or is this just filler until more information comes out? --RiverAura 04:08, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Probably because it looks like a mirror, which reflects light. Lostbluez 01:11, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
If it can learn attract, wouldn't it just affect genderless pokemon, like Mew's attract? I don't have the game, so I can't test it. S and T 00:15, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, that would be true, though it could possibly be an error. I'll add it to the trivia anyway and if it is incorrect, it can be reverted XVuvuzela2010X 00:19, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
Almost all the other articles tell of the pokemon's evolution. This one should probably say "It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.". Right? Magicguigz 05:13, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
Cryogonal's scary appearance might be a reference to tiki masks or other kinds of masks, since Cryogonal appears to be almost flat, it might also be based on a mirror. User:Celebi 21 User talk:Celebi 21 16:59, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
genderless pokémon of a gym leader
I've looked on the list of gym leaders and cryogonal is the only genderless pokémon used by a gym leader in unova. I don't know if this is important to add and adding travia isn't allowed now, but it perhaps can be added later. Nickvang 20:03 19 june 2011.
Ken Sugimori Art vs Sprite
The official artwork seems to lack the extension of Cryogonal's "moustache". Not sure if there are any other "errors" in Gen V other than Simipour.Blitzamirin 16:04, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- I think its length just changes, not that it is always one length. --SnorlaxMonster 14:37, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Cryogonal's page is correct, I've added it to the Acrobatics page. Pikiwyn talk 09:21, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
I think it may be a good idea to point out that this pokemon does not actually evolve from Beartic. Because it sure confused me. What with this beng an Ice-type and one number above another ice type. Or maybe its just me. PowerPlantRaichu 03:19, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- Beartic and Cryoganal look nothing alike. I don't see how people could think that they are related. Besides, we don't generally note that things don't evolve from others.
- Also, since your question was only slightly related to the old topic, it is better to make a new section. Anyway, you shouldn't respond to discussion over 6 months old. --SnorlaxMonster 12:20, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
Why is it not okay to say that thecry part of Cryogonal's name may come from crying? It's pretty indubitable that the orbs emerging from its eyes resemble tears. the great MIKORO (talk to me) 15:36, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I don't even see orbs coming from its eyes. All I see are the orbs in the area that would presumably be its mouth. --It's Funktastic~!話してください 21:47, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
Isn't its ability to learn Attract due to it being a mirror, thus making the enemy Attracted to its reflection? Or more accurately, failing to attract the enemy to its reflection?Glik (talk) 16:02, 29 October 2013 (UTC),