The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and August 16th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
I thought his name was Dento????RBK 21:38, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- The revelation of Pod and Corn confirmed that their names are based on a type of corn called Dent Corn, so the article was moved accordingly. Werdnae (talk) 22:04, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
Oh really I guess I didn't see that revelation but dent? that sounds weird Dento was better.RBK 22:56, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- take this to the forums....Ataro 23:03, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
What I just made a comment it's not like I'm starting a discussion or anything but fine whatever, my question was answered.RBK 00:50, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
Ok just curious but in the anime preview the man called him Dento, doesn't that mean that his name is Dento??RBK 00:48, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Dento is how it is pronounced in Japanese. Dent is the closest thing we have so far to an official romanisation,
manymost of which don't match up exactly to the Japanese pronounciation. Werdnae (talk) 01:10, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
Included in the "characters who are twins" catergory?
Should Dent, along with Pod and Corn be included in this catergory? They aren't really twins so much as triplets... or even identical... PDL 04:50, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
Dent's English name
--Bye 23:09, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Just to be safe, why don't we just move this article to Cilan (anime) and move the game one later? J-J-M 12:59, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
That sounds good. It's from Cartoon Network and they're reliable, but it's better safe than sorry --Chiramii 15:19, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- Why have we treated Iris' name confirmation as fully confirmed but not this? We need to be consistent. Either change this to Cilan or remove all reference to Iris being her English name. --jda95 09:47, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
League Unleashed! in Cilan's Trivia
- Basically, I noticed in Cilan's trivia that it said DP183. I changed it to the Dub Title, someone changed it to DP183, I changed it to the Dub Title and someone changed it AGAIN. We have known about the dub title for months so I don't know why someone keeps on changing it. Torpoleon 15:55, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Should we change it to reflect the English version "its time to serve this battle"? Or am I completely wrong on this? Sidenote: Lol at the fact y'all hinted at his "fabulousness" in the trivia.
Is it worth saying in the trivia that in the games, he has a Lillipup but in the anime he dosen't Iml908 16:32, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
- No. This happens to almost every Gym Leader. Ataro 16:35, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
I still don't feel that all that junk about Team Rocket being frauds or the people battling Team Rocket really has much to do with Basculin itself. Yes it leads into Basculin being released, but if we're going to do leads, then we might as well just write a synopsis for the whole episode in the box. I feel all that really needs to be said is that Basculin battled, it was caught, then it hung out in a box for the rest of the episode until a Frillish released it. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 16:29, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
Pokémon Team Summary
Alright, why is Cilan unable to have a description of his general team and his training methods? No real reason has actually been stated and nearly all the other main characters (Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max and Dawn) have one (barring Iris, although I do plan on adding one later on). Are we supposed to wait until he's left the show or what? Not trying to be disrespectful, but having it deleted with no explanation isn't helpful at all. PDL 01:12, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Like you said, it seems too early for that. Sneaking from page to page... It's the page-editing purple ghost... Gengarzilla! 12:37, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
In one episode he gets shocked, and it seems like his hair is over a foot long. -- Pringles 04:12, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- And? ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 04:30, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- I dunno. Sorry. -- Pringles 04:39, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
- This could be potentially untrue since it's pretty clear that Kotetsu is one of Ash's rivals. And Cilan did not battle him. No use in putting down something that will have to be removed later on when Kotetsu's rival status is confirmed. --ケンジのガール 21:01, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
Dent's name pronunciation
I read here that Dent's English name "Cilan" was based on the word "cilantro." However, in the anime Ash and friends pronounce his name "CY-lan". Shouldn't it be pronounced "cee-LAN" since "cilantro" is pronounced "cee-LAN-tro?" Alex128 (talk) 01:38, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
- That's because Ken doesn't do art for the anime. Yes it's official. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 09:44, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
Fear of Purrloins
Cilan doesn't explain WHY he's afraid of Purrloins- he's about to but it's a to be continued, then it isn't mentioned in Crowning the Scalchop King! Is it in an upcoming episode? Did they forget? Either way is is worthy to be put on the article? Nutter Butter (talk) 20:20, 19 August 2013 (UTC)
- His fear of Purrloin is mentioned on the page already, unless you mean that particular instance. If it didn't state the reason, I don't think there's much to add. --Pokemaster97 20:26, 19 August 2013 (UTC)