The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
He bears an interesting resemblence to the hollywood star and martial artist, Chuck Norris. Someone want to explain that to me? I'm not seeing any resemblance at *all*. --BJG
I actually thought this was obvious...But it seems I did the wrong thing, yet AGAIN. I should've discussed it first, but I thought that the resemblence between Chuck, a martial artist and Chuck Norris was quite easily apparent. Both martial artists and the programmers probably thought of him first. I'll write in a way easier to understand. -ades
It's probable for the name, but 'resemblance' implies mostly physical, and they don't look *anything* alike.--BJG
- No. Considering how low quality is. I'm removing (and deleting it). -Sketchies 19:07, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
The manga section annoys me. Can anyone expand it? I can't do it because I don't have any volumes with him, sadly. --Maxim 09:18, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- But really, there isn't much about him in the manga.--Ryuutakeshi 23:00, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
That seems to be just idle speculation, or A Chuck Norris obsessor finding a way to mention himEmperor's Cookies 12:55, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Chucking On The Norris Idea
Alright, isn't a BIT of a coincidence that he's called CHUCK and leads the gym for FIGHTING type Pokémon? He also has facial hair! I'm adding in the trivia section It may just be a coincidence, but Chuck may be based on Hollywood actor Chuck Norris. and nobody's gonna stop me! Team Hyper
- Well I'm gonna. I highly doubt that he's based on Chuck Norris. I'm doubtful that he was even named after Norris — and if he was, it wasn't a reference to the meme that began in 2005.
16:24, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's more based on the verb "to chuck" than on Mr. Norris himself. Nintendo wouldn't dare base a pudgy Gym Leader off someone as studly as Chuck Norris. ^_^ --AndyPKMN 16:55, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Rememeber that the dubbers want to familiarize the Anime characters to known American icons. It is a possibility that his dubbed name "Chuck" is a reference to Mr. Norris, due to being a martial arts master himself. Hitmonchan107 23:00, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Also, I find it odd that he uses a Machoke as his main Pokemon and companion in the anime despite only having a Primeape and a Poliwrath when you battle him in the game. Hitmonchan107 23:02, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
Should it be noted that Chuck can actually be faced after Jasmine? Because that's what I did the first time I played through Soulsilver.--Ninetalesgirl421 17:07, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- I really just don't think so, since we haven't noted that Sabrina can be skipped, Blaine, Misty, etc. JacobtheDoduo (talk) 16:13, 25 July 2012 (UTC)