Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
He bears an interesting resemblence to the hollywood star and martial artist, Chuck Norris. Someone want to explain that to me? I'm not seeing any resemblance at *all*. --BJG
I actually thought this was obvious...But it seems I did the wrong thing, yet AGAIN. I should've discussed it first, but I thought that the resemblence between Chuck, a martial artist and Chuck Norris was quite easily apparent. Both martial artists and the programmers probably thought of him first. I'll write in a way easier to understand. -ades
It's probable for the name, but 'resemblance' implies mostly physical, and they don't look *anything* alike.--BJG
- No. Considering how low quality is. I'm removing (and deleting it). -Sketchies 19:07, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
The manga section annoys me. Can anyone expand it? I can't do it because I don't have any volumes with him, sadly. --Maxim 09:18, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- But really, there isn't much about him in the manga.--Ryuutakeshi 23:00, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
That seems to be just idle speculation, or A Chuck Norris obsessor finding a way to mention himEmperor's Cookies 12:55, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Chucking On The Norris Idea
Alright, isn't a BIT of a coincidence that he's called CHUCK and leads the gym for FIGHTING type Pokémon? He also has facial hair! I'm adding in the trivia section It may just be a coincidence, but Chuck may be based on Hollywood actor Chuck Norris. and nobody's gonna stop me! Team Hyper
- Well I'm gonna. I highly doubt that he's based on Chuck Norris. I'm doubtful that he was even named after Norris — and if he was, it wasn't a reference to the meme that began in 2005.
16:24, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's more based on the verb "to chuck" than on Mr. Norris himself. Nintendo wouldn't dare base a pudgy Gym Leader off someone as studly as Chuck Norris. ^_^ --AndyPKMN 16:55, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Rememeber that the dubbers want to familiarize the Anime characters to known American icons. It is a possibility that his dubbed name "Chuck" is a reference to Mr. Norris, due to being a martial arts master himself. Hitmonchan107 23:00, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Also, I find it odd that he uses a Machoke as his main Pokemon and companion in the anime despite only having a Primeape and a Poliwrath when you battle him in the game. Hitmonchan107 23:02, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
Should it be noted that Chuck can actually be faced after Jasmine? Because that's what I did the first time I played through Soulsilver.--Ninetalesgirl421 17:07, 18 February 2012 (UTC)
- I really just don't think so, since we haven't noted that Sabrina can be skipped, Blaine, Misty, etc. JacobtheDoduo (talk) 16:13, 25 July 2012 (UTC)