Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Character of the day
I'm starting to wonder
Do you think we should start including characters that appeared in a multiple episode arc as characters of the day? ie: Holly, Erica, Timmy Grimm. Yes they were in multiple episodes, but the episodes in question are really one long episode. If they hadn't appeared in any episode after the multi-episode arc they were in, then they really shouldn't count as recurring characters. And no, their two second cameo watching one of the main characters on T.V. or appearing in a flashback shouldn't count as a second appearance.
However, I do realize that this might be a problem with the literal meaning of Character of the day, as they appeared in one episode arc spanning across a couple of days.
- No, I disagree. Because they are in full arcs, they should just be considered minor characters like Shigeru and such. シンジShinjiLover,Edits 21:42, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. A character who appears for two consecutive episodes isn't really a recurring character. The term "recurring character" should mean someone who appears in two or more non-consecutive episodes not in the same arc. Should we create a new category of recurring characters? It would help people find recurring characters. --Galladeon 23:46, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- I also agree, especially as to characters who only appear in two episodes. However, I think this should only be included if they only appear in consecutive episodes because in this case it is as you say just one long episode. If they appear in one episode and then reappear several episodes later then they are not a COD but a minor recurring character. --Klydefrog 10:09, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
I don't think that game characters such as Bill, Steven Stone or Backlot should be listed here. Well, that's true, they were one-episode only but they're actually more important characters originating from the games and no one views them as COTDs. Also, many of Gym Leaders and Frontier Brains (e.g. Surge, Falkner, Lucy) were also only in one episode but they are not listed here. I think that characters originating from the games should not be listed as COTDs. They're not viewed as genuine COTDs by fans. --Maxim 18:26, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- I disagree with you, as such, this trainers's appearance in this anime is different from games. It does not have anything to do with the games. The Gym Leaders are not listed here because they are a much important person in the Anime for the trainers to defeat. Gym Leaders, Frontier Brains, and Elite Four are therefore not included.--Ruixiang95 01:57, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't Giant be included with a Hitmonlee?--Ruixiang95 01:36, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Let's get something straight
Game characters are not to go on this list. The only ones allowed on this list are the people covered by Project COD. Characters of the day are all anime-exclusive (unless they are in the Electric Tail of Pikachu manga). Do not add game characters to this list. --ケンジのガール 02:54, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
- Charles/The Mighty Accelgaurd is not considered a character of the day because he appears in more than one episode, and also appears in media outside of the anime. --Pokemaster97 19:12, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
Junior Cup Participants
I have a question. Should the Junior Cup Participants be on this page? Officially, they appeared in two episodes (BW090 and BW093), which wouldn't make them CotD's, but in BW093 they only had a small cameo, not really notable appearances. (fiery]~~BlazingFist~~[fast) 16:54, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
Duplica is missing as Character of the Day for Episode 37. I was gonna change it, but first I want to know if this was on purpose, because she did appear in several episodes. JacobtheDoduo (talk) 21:13, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
The image of Cher on this page (see section Adventures in Unova) is really too big. While it looks nice on Cher's page, here it stretches out the template and besides, it looks weird compared to the images of the other characters, which are a lot smaller. Could someone upload a new image from her (not myself, as I have no clue where to take images from without violating copyright). - unsigned comment from Blazingfist (talk • contribs)
There is a website that hosts model sheets for characters from the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! anime, and if you look closely, all model sheets for main characters have "Main" written in the upper-right corner, while model sheets for that show's "COtD"s have "Guest" written in place. Combined with the facts some of the model sheets for our anime here have "Guest"/"Guest Pokémon" written on them, and that there is a credit for "Guest character design" on the Staff of the Pokémon anime page, I have come to the conclusion that "Guest" is the official internal production term for this type of character.
Thus, I propose that we keep the page at "Character of the day" since this term is more popular, but we rewrite the opening sentence to say something like, "Guest characters, more popularly known under the fan-made term, character of the day, often abbreviated as COD or CotD and also referred to as character of the week [...]" I'm not sure-- that's just a proposal. Soincfunt (Talk) 18:37, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
Confusion between Rena and Rimu
- Yeah their names got mixed up somehow. I changed the names, but not the image names yet (on this page) because previewing it still shows the earlier revisions of the images. The images need some time to adjust to the right version, when they do we should switch the file names on this page as well. ☼ BlazingFist ☼ 23:05, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be better if the tables be made expandable ones?? This page is to long, so it would be better for readers to scroll. Alternatively, we could also use the collapsible div class :
<div class="mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" data-expandtext="Show" data-collapsetext="Hide">