Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Nowhere on here does it say that Chansey evolves into Blissey. I don't know where that would go, though. Dan 03:36, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- Someone was adding the evolution information for different Pokémon to each article - Taylor, I think. However, come to think of it, I don't think I've seen him add any more in a while, and there's still articles missing that information... if you'd like to contribute, go ahead, just make sure you follow the style that's been established (use the Bulbasaur article as a reference). --Pie 03:54, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- I see no resemblence between Chansey and a Koala. None at all. --FabuVinny T-C-S 22:17, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
i also see no remeblences. Dakclaw
I think it's just based on an egg, but they've enhanced it Bomba22 16:36, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
«Chansey is one of six Pokémon that initially did not evolve into or from another Pokémon, but now is part of a three-stage evolutionary line (the other five being Electabuzz, Magmar, Porygon, Roselia and Pikachu).»
Is it too late?
I was wondering if there was a way that my chansey could learn softboiled. I didn't evolve my happiny to chansey until it was level 24, due to my leaving exp. share on it and not paying attention. So basically I want to know if my chansey will lean softboiled, or will I have to try and catch a chansey with it already? - unsigned comment from 5k311ing7on (talk • contribs)
- You could probably go to the move relearner with a heart scal. MoldyOrange 19:56, 14 July 2008 (UTC)I
- Thank you very much. I haven't played Pokémon since Red so I wasn't too sure what I could do.
Is current;y listed as '???'....asplain plz Flyingemus 02:06, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- That means we don't know the rarity yet. i.e. someone has found them in certain routes, but no-one actually knows the rarity yet. Or if they do, it has been overlooked. Based on my encounters in game, I would say that it would either be rare or uncommon. Werdnae 04:08, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
There is an image of two Chansey in the anime section, namely "File:EP002 008.jpg". That image has been moved to File:Pokémon Center Chansey.jpg, please change the link so that the redirect at the original filename can be deleted from the Archives. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 09:09, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
So the Chansey (Pokémon) page says that in Generation I games, Chansey had a 100% chance to be found holding a Lucky Punch. If you click on the link [which redirects to Stat-enhancing item], it says the Lucky Punch was introduced in Generation II. One of these cannot be correct. But which one? Lostdrewid 02:26, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- They're both correct, actually. If you trade over a Chansey from RBY, it'll always be holding a Lucky Punch.
- ... or so I hear. :V Anyone want to try that out to double-check? ▫▫ティナ♫★ 02:33, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
is it noteable that chansey's shiny sprite is possiby a refrence to green eggs and ham?--Ash0011 21:53, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- is it also worth mentioning that this is one of the few pokemon who's evolution cycle spans 3 generations (gains an evolution in 3 different gen)--Ash0011 21:57, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- The green eggs and ham is more of an coincidence. and there's too many Pokemon that do that to be notable Ataro 21:59, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- no source says it eats the eggs for softboild or that the eggs hatch into other pokemon--Ash0011 21:45, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
Gale of Darkness
Born with eggs?
I guess nobody here knows. In reality, the faminine of any animal is born with a specific number of eggs, they cannot create them (So mothers can, in a way, effect the health of your grandchildren if she happens to be malnourished, etc). So it is technically fine for the chancy to have an egg (as for kangaskhan, lets say its a twin). As for happini, lets make up the story that it wants an egg, but its yet to come. Charlieb000 (talk) 08:54, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- First, we never make up stories regarding Pokemon information. Our information must come from the games themselves or other reliable source. Second, while all mammals are born with a certain number of eggs, they are born with said eggs in their ovaries. Chansey is born with an egg already laid, which does no happen in real life. Crystal Talian 12:13, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
Gen VI Egg Moves
Game locations: Trade
hi, I was wondering what it meant when it says the "Game location" in X & Y is "Trade"? like here and for example Swadloon's case. Does it mean Poké Transporter or what? That would still seem weird thought because several other pokémon's pages list "Poké Transporter" explicitly, also for example Seadra has "Trade" as it's obtainium in both XD and Colosseum. so what I'd really like to know is how do I obtain f.ex. Swadloon/Sewaddle or Chansey in X & Y ? --ZaphodBeeblebrox 15:20, 7 March 2014 (UTC)
Crystal Version: Another move.
I was using a crystal cartridge and i got a move that is not mentioned on here. It can be used to give health to a pokemon that is in battle (from memory, even link battles), i had to periodically send chancey in to do softboiled so i could keep using it. I cannot remember it's name, only that it was learned after Egg Bomb. Perhaps it has something to do with the lucky egg? In crystal there is someone who wants to trade a chancey for an aerodactyl, and i sent the one that didnt have the egg. The cartridge has since lost its battery so i dont know the name of it. When using Crystal in an emulator i didnt get the move by Lv70 (blissey by Lv49-50), maybe it was the egg that triggered this event, not sure. So can anyone keep an eye on theirs to see if this useful move comes along? It may replace a move chancey/blissey normally learns Charlieb000 (talk) 01:38, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- I've got the Lucky Egg in my emulated Crystal, so I'll be sure to equip it when I finally manage to get Chansey. Sounds kinda like Pokegod stuff though, so I'm not promising anything. --GARY-DOS (talk) 22:24, 24 March 2014 (UTC)