Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
What would happen if a Pokémon in GenIII was hacked to have Cacophony, and was then Pal Parked to GenIV, where it doesn't exist? --隼也 17:51, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe it wouldn't be allowed to be migrated to Generation IV if it has the ability. Or it could be automatically changed to Soundproof... That's my guess. - s.Combusken 17:54, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds like it to me. Or they intended to use it and dropped it at the last minute. After all, Air Lock and Cloud Nine perform the same function. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 19:36, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- Should we add it to the R&S-Beta page then? :\ I mean, it really seems like it... Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 19:41, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
- I think it should be added. As being a part of a game that is not utilized in the final version, it sounds pretty beta to me. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 19:44, 30 July 2008 (UTC)
I've been doing some tests and I've got an idea of what happens if someone hacks a Pokémon to have Cacophony and tries to migrate it to Gen IV. In Gen III a hacked Pokémon recovers its normal ability when transfered to another game, so I think it's the same if you transfer them to Gen IV as Cacophony doesn't exist. hfc2X 17:35, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Wait a minute...
- Yeah, I think the same. hfc2X 18:26, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
Pardon my not owning a dictionary, but is cacophony a real word?Morgil27 05:37, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Glitch Pokemon have this Ability
Wait, there IS a Pokemon that has this as an ability
Sure, it IS a glitch Pokemon, but it does have this as its only ability. Shouldn't it be added under the list of Pokemon who have it as an ability, as a special case? 20:05 (GMT -7), 11 Februaty 2009 ~Icalasari~- unsigned comment from Shadowater (talk • contribs)
There are actually around 65,000+ variations of ??????????, many which crash the game as soon as they are encountered for having Glitch Abilities, many of these also have legitimate abilities so you would be adding something like ??????????#50,000 to the Air Lock page as well if you were to add something like ??????????#20,000 to the Cacophony page. --Chickasaurus 18:46, 20 February 2010 (UTC)