Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- Eh?? Anyway, until it is stated in the anime, Swellow's gender is unverified. ~$aturn¥oshi THE VOICES 01:16, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Swellow doesn't have gender differences, so appearance wouldn't mean squat anyway when it comes to gender. --Shiningpikablu252 04:08, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Well, since we can say Croagunk has Anticipation, i think we can assume that Swellow has Guts. And no, this is not one of those "it only has one ability" things, i have a reason. Thunder Armor. The non-Electric type Swellow would usually suffer from being shocked, but its power actually increased. Flyingtypefan 18:32, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
that was more of a deus ex machina than an ability (Ataro 18:55, 20 July 2010 (UTC))
- Hmm I was thinking. The Pokémon Trivia Quiz for AG147 was a question about what battle were they showing in a blurred and scrambled video. The answer was a battle between Ash's Pikachu VS Ash's Taillow in AG004 and the hints they gave were Static and Guts. (Notice that the Thunder Armor was in AG100). Does it suffice to confirm Guts as Swellow's ability? I think it might. KurowaSan 03:09, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- Just complementing what I said: The very anime told us Ash's Taillow's ability is Guts.KurowaSan 07:06, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
Even though it seems plainly obvious throught that, I think the admins would be able to accept at least Guts (confirmed in dub only). I have added it to the article as it can be reverted if for some reason there is disagreement. MAMOSWINEPwnz! (TaleOfTheToaster) 19:50, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
- The confirmation I was talking about before, in the Pokémon Trivia Quiz, was in the Japanese version, not the dub. lol KurowaSan 06:39, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
Wins at least once in almost every battle?
Final trivia point
I can't tell what it's saying. "Swellow is the only flying-type pokemon that evolves only once and was caught when unevolved." doesn't really make sense to me. Can anyone explain? --Wynd Fox 05:50, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
- I think it meant that it is Ash's only two stage Flying type that he caught in its base form. I deemed it unnotable as he only has two (Noctowl and Swellow).--ForceFire 06:11, 1 November 2013 (UTC)