The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
This "Trivia" piece might be a stretch. You know how similar Aron and Sheildon are? Well, have you guys ever noticed that both their names are very close to human names? As in Aron-Aaron and Shieldon-Sheldon?
Please and Thank You! Littlmiget123 00:51, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Already there; name origin section. —darklordtrom 22:18, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Sturdy Sandstorm combo?
Over on the TV Tropes wiki, a user proposed that in Generation V, because the "Sturdy" ability now functions similarly to the Focus Sash, there is a potentially deadly combo:
- Breed an Aron with Sturdy, Endeavor, and equip the Shell Bell on it.
- Create a Sandstorm in battle, then have Aron use Endeavor.
- If the opponent strikes first, Aron survives because it's Sturdy and has full HP.
- Endeavor then reduces the opponent to 1 HP; this counts as damage, causing the shell bell to restore Aron's on HP, potentially back to full.
- The sandstorm finishes the opponent off at end of turn.
- Possible to rinse and repeat for the remainder of battle.
Can anyone verify this? The obvious counter-tactics appear to be:
- Pokemon immune to Sandstorm
- Swipe moves
- Nullifying either Aron's ability (Mold Breaker, Skill Swap, etc.) or item (Knock Off, Embargo, etc.) prior to attack
--Stratelier 19:33, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I have already an Aron like this waiting in a box, and everything you mentioned is true. An another Sturdy combo is level 2 Probopass with Leftovers and knowing Pain Split, Protect and Magic Coat.----無限の知性 ◎ ＤＥＮＮＯＵ◆ＺＥＮＳＨＩ 19:43, 31 January 2011 (UTC)