Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
|Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on November 21 and October 15 in celebration of the releases of Gold and Silver in Japan, and Gold and Silver in the United States. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, to return to the page and change the display.|
>So you don't think it has anything to do with dragons at all? A lizard like thing who's name includes "ryu"? Any better ideas?
I think it would be far better to identify the 'electric dragon' meaning through identifying the fragments - its the same as the English prefixes, infixes and suffixes. You can't disregard a meaning only because its not in the dictionary - all Japanese and English fragments are not in the dictionary and yet are used to form Pokemon names. - unsigned comment from Ainohuyuah (talk • contribs)
Er, did you ever see a naked sheep that looked like a big yellow lizard with a glowing tail? O_o --Zeta 11:45, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
The page is protected so I decided to make an edit request here.
Ampharos, yes indeed cannot learn Tail Glow even though it's tail glows. However since the name of Tail Glow is made up by us Americans it is techincally "Firefly Light", which is it's Japanese name. It would make since why Ampharos can't learn the move because it isn't a fire fly -- Landfish7 20:27, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- Manaphy learns the attack yet it's not a firefly at all. PDL 01:09, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
Why is the HGSS art getting warped? Somebody needs to fix this, but I have no idea how. --Mostly Harmless 02:18, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- |heartgolddex=The tail's tip shines brightly and can be seen from far away. It acts as a beacon for lost people.
♥17:47, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
"Ampharos' LeafGreen and HeartGold Pokedex data are exactly the same, despite having no connection to each other. The same goes for FireRed and SoulSilver's Pokedex data." This trivia is wrong, there is a connection. LeafGreen entries for all generation II Pokemon were drawn from Gold entries, and FireRed entries for all generation II Pokemon were likewise drawn from Silver entries. HeartGold and SoulSilver did the same thing, respectively. This is, as I said, true for all generation II Pokemon and so is not notable. If no one objects, I'll remove that trivia.--Celebi96 11:53, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
Can we add this for a trivia "This Pokemon was scanned by a Pokedex in each generation of the anime" (Original Series, Advanced Generation, Diamond and Peart and Best Wishes)?--Omojuzeforever (talk) 14:42, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- As seen clearly on one of the scans, it is normally just an Electric type. It wouldn't even make sense to give old Pokémon any other type than Fairy.--電禅Den Zen 09:55, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- We currently know next to nothing about Mega Evolutions, so it seems the admins are waiting for more information before adding it. You can't do it yourself because the article is locked. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 21:54, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
Mega Ampharos Special Attack Trivia
Should it be mentioned that Ampharos in it's Mega Form has the most Special Attack of any non-legendary Dragon Type Pokemon, and the second most of any Dragon Type, being only behind White Kyurem by 5 points, or do Mega Pokemon not count towards that kind of thing. I suppose it could be brought up in the Trivia portion of the article. AuraStorm13 (talk) 17:38, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- The second point's invalid—Mega or not—because as you say, Kyurem is ahead of it, and second-place ain't notable. The first point might be too specific but that's for someone else to weigh in on. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 17:50, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- Well, Actually, many articles state "Highest (stat) of all Non-legendary" and so forth. Seeing as how Kyurem is a Legendary, it could easily be a point of trivia that Mega-Amph has the highest Special Attack of any Non-Legendary Dragon type Pokemon, being only behind kyurem (Legendary). --Karbuncle (talk) 18:08, 9 November 2013 (UTC)