Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
I have the data, we just need to agree upon a format.
Here's a proposal
|Move||Type||Cat.||Chance||Effect||Sheer Force||Serene Grace|
- Don't really get the ability columns. If that's to show who has those abilities, then no. Users can go to the ability page to see who has that ability. I also don't think it's specific enough. 10% chance to lowers whose Special Defense? I think the current table is clearer and simpler.--ForceFire 03:30, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
There are a few confusing/unclear things here. First of all, it mentions recoil damage and HP drain as examples, yet the table doesn't list moves such as Giga Drain and Take Down (Is that what the incomplete tag is referring to?). Then there's a mix of mentioning Sheer Force as removing the effects discussed in the article, and that makes two things seem off: The mention of recoil moves, which Sheer Force has no effect on, and saying that items aren't considered additional effects, yet Sheer Force removes Life Orb's recoil effect. Finally, we have this sentence: "However, moves that causes evolution are not considered additional effects." which makes no sense at all. -- EnosShayremtalk 01:30, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- For me an additional effect is any effect that takes place after the initial damage, that includes HP draining, user stat changes and recoil. Regardless if the abilities don't affect those moves. Wasn't too entirely sure if there were items that affect additional effect (I'm pretty there were, but wasn't 100% sure). The evolution line refers to moves that also evolve Pokémon like Rollout or AncientPower, which I don't find to be an additional effect as it doesn't affect the battle.--ForceFire 02:37, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- It's due to the article being in flux. I had edited it to not include drain/recoil, and Force Fire put it back. I left a comment on his talk page () instead of editing it further, but then filled in the table.
- This is how I classify additional effects: they are the type of effect affected by the three abilities in question. --Raijinili (talk) 07:13, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- Shouldn't we make a decision about this? --Raijinili (talk) 20:21, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Wait a minute...
Are these game mechanics or effect moves, if they're game mechanics, then remove the template because I'm confusing about this template so does this count? --Cinday123 (Talk) 01:57, 15 January 2014 (UTC)