Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:? (glitch Pokémon)
?????????? Effort Yield
A possible way to figure out its effort yield is to...
- Breed a Pokemon (any Pokemon) and save.
- Use Rare Candies to level it up to Level 100 without it gaining EVs. (clone 'em in Emerald if you must)
- Use an IV-EV Calculator (any will do); put in its stats and the fact that it has no EVs.
- Now that you know its IVs, turn the game off, turn it back on, Mix Records with an Emerald that has ??????????.
- Fight and defeat the ?????????? with the newly-hatched Pokemon. (make sure you have your game set to SHIFT so that you can switch out the newly-hatched Pokemon without it gaining EVs from Emerald's next Pokemon. (set the game so that you're asked if you want to switch out before Emerald sends out their next Poke))
- Once the battle's over, use Rare Candies to get the newly-hatched Pokemon up to Level 100 again.
- Use an IV-EV calculator again, this time putting in the known IVs. However many EVs it says the Pokemon has, that's how many you get from beating ??????????.
I'd do all that myself using Emerald's POMEG glitch to get a ?????????? in my party, but I don't want to risk my games. --DavidJCobb 18:14, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
??????????? and ????????????
I highly doubt either Pokemon exists. For one, no proof or definitive information has been given about either (no index numbers or screenshots). Additionally, they sound exactly like ? and ??????????. Finally, it is impossible for any Pokemon to have a name consisting of more than 10 characters -- even glitch Pokemon such as ###'M### follow this rule.
Also, most of the information in ???????????'s section is either useless, unnecessary, or previously stated. I'll give an example:
"..you are taken to a glitched Pokédex Screen with weird symbols and Japanese characters, why these glitches load Japanese characters in still unknown at this point." The reason for this is common knowledge: it is loading program code as text code; that's why unusual characters appear, the game is trying to convert its own code to the wrong format. It's the same as opening an image file in Notepad.
"??????????? is slightly different in every way." This doesn't even seem to make grammatical sense to me. Furthermore, because ?????????? and ? are vastly different and this one is more similar to ?, the statement "Almost like ??????????" is also incorrect.
I highly doubt either of these are real, and will continue to have these doubts unless someone shows me a with an eleven-character name and a with a twelve-character name.
--DavidJCobb 23:54, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
--User:Ant this sucks, i can't migrate them. anyone know the wpm codes for gameshark to see it in wild?
i think it says the ?? are differen't because each represents a differen't unown
This article is confusing...
Can't we split it into smaller pages? -PokemonTrainer7738
- Sounds good to me. --Gawaxay 19:22, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
Don't articles including question marks in the titles work properly now? Cause I saw a bunch of Imakuni cards being moved so there's a question mark after the name. I'll move this page accordingly. Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 12:57, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I noticed in the "locations" chart it mentioned Colosseum and XD... has anyone tried trading ? to the Colosseum games? What does the game do when you try to? Also, what happens if you try to migrate it? Does anyone know? ZestyCactus 03:51, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- They are. I moved it long ago. TTE moved it back for absolutely no reason at all. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 03:39, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
The intro notes that ?'s footprint is "a generic pawprint with a question mark inside." Yet the data lists N/A for the footprint. Is this because it is impossible to get a good picture of the footprint in-game or is it simply that nobody has bothered to do so yet?--Twilightdusk 04:49, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
The reason for the 25 ? in R/S/FR/LG/E
I am almost certain that the reason that there are 25 filler Pokémon in between Celebi and Treecko is because Game Freak originally had 26 different versions of Unown (A-Z) which did not use the personality byte to differentiate them and were therefore separate Pokémon. After creating all (or some) of the Hoenn Pokémon, Game Freak decided to scrap 25 of them and use the Personality byte to determine which Unown to use, therefore leaving a big gap. However, they didn't want to do a lot of things over again (like choosing which Pokémon is your starter), so instead of shifting all of the existing Hoenn Pokémon down to fill them in (and have to redo a lot of things), they decided to leave them blank because, after all, who would notice (besides us ROM hackers)? Diego948 22:03, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Sounds believeable. Probably true. OwnageMuch 02:23, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- It was there before, but removed because it was speculation. Is there anything else to indicate that this is true? --SnorlaxMonster 04:48, 27 December 2010 (UTC)