From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Takuto redirects here. For the character of the day from Hoenn also named Takuto in the Japanese version, see Tommy (AG015).
Tobias (Japanese: タクト Takuto) is a Pokémon Trainer who competed in the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Tobias first appeared in League Unleashed!, where he was shadowed. Barry passed him in a hallway and was scared by the way he came off. In Casting a Paul on Barry!, while Ash and Barry were looking up information about their next League opponents, Conway told them that Tobias managed to easily obtain his eight Gym Badges and advance through the first two rounds of the Lily of the Valley Conference using just his Darkrai. Barry was amazed by his shadowy and mysterious presence.
In Working on a Right Move!, Tobias appeared unshadowed for the first time, and he was shown to have advanced into the Top 8. In Battling a Thaw in Relations!, it was shown that he had advanced yet again, now placing in the Top 4 of the Lily of the Valley Conference.
In The Semi-Final Frontier!, he battled against Ash in the semi-finals of the Lily of the Valley Conference. Although he was able to gain an early lead with his Darkrai, Ash's Sceptile managed to overcome Darkrai's attacks and defeat it. Tobias then called out his Latios, who managed to defeat the remainder of Ash's team (while fainting itself), winning the match for Tobias.
Later, Tobias defeated his final round opponent with just his Darkrai, thus winning the Lily of the Valley Conference.
Tobias appeared as a very mysterious person at first; his appearance and manner visibly disturbed Barry when they first passed each other in a hallway. He was seen to take battling very seriously, but also had a sportsmanlike side, seen when he complimented Ash for defeating his Darkrai and putting up a good fight against him. He was also seen to be rather impatient, seeing as how he got annoyed when his Latios battled Ash's Pikachu, yelling at Latios to get the battle over with.
This article is missing information on this character's English voice actor and Japanese voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
|| Latios ♂
| Latios was the second Pokémon that Tobias used in his battle against Ash. He was able to easily defeat Sceptile and Swellow in a row. Ash's Pikachu, however, was able to either endure or evade some attacks from Latios. Despite that, both Pokémon were knocked out at the same time. However, as this left Ash with no Pokémon remaining, Tobias was declared the victor and continued to the final round.
Latios's known moves are Giga Impact, Luster Purge, and Light Screen.
|| The Semi-Final Frontier!
Tobias has at least four other Pokémon as those who entered the Lily of the Valley Conference were required to enter with six Pokémon. The only hint towards his other Pokémon was when he claimed that Draco Meteor cast by Ash's Gible would have defeated any Pokémon except Darkrai.
Tobias with the Lily of the Valley Championship Trophy
Tobias has competed in the following Pokémon League Conferences:
|| Voice actor
|| 高橋広樹 Hiroki Takahashi
|| J. Michael Tatum
|| Patrick Schröder
|| Latin America
|| Jaime Alberto Carrillo
|| Iñaki Crespo
- Tobias's design, from his color scheme to his physical features, was most probably based on his main Pokémon, Darkrai.
- He is the first character in the anime to participate in a Pokémon League using Legendary Pokémon, although another Trainer did attempt to enter the League with his Heatran. It is unknown whether he actually participated though or how far he made it in the league.
- Tobias is also the first character in the anime to have multiple Legendary Pokémon that are not a part of a trio.
- Tobias is also the first, and so far only, known Pokémon Trainer to enter a Pokémon League using a Pokémon that is generally banned in competitive battling environments.
- Even though his face is covered in his debut in League Unleashed!, Tobias still appears in An Old Family Blend! on the match up board for the upcoming battles in the Lily of the Valley Conference in the bottom right corner with a clear image of his face.
|| タクト Takuto
|| May be named after Takuto Itagaki (板垣拓斗), Champion of the Senior Division of the 2009 World Championships.
||May be taken from Tobias, a hero of the Book of Tobit, who drove away a demon with the help of the archangel Raphael. This may be related to the fact that Tobias was able to beat all the Gyms and advance through the tournament with the help of his Darkrai.
|| Same as English.
|| 택트 Tact
|| Anglicization of his Japanese name.
| Chinese (Taiwan)
|| 達克多 Dákèduō
|| Transliteration of his Japanese name. Also from 達克萊伊 Dákèláiyī, Darkrai.