From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
A Symbol (Japanese: シンボル Symbol) is an item which denotes a Pokémon Trainer as having defeated one of Hoenn's Frontier Brains. They are the Hoenn Battle Frontier's equivalent of a Badge. There are two levels of them for each: silver and gold. The Sinnoh and Johto equivalent is a commemorative print. Unlike Badges, they do not allow new items to be sold at Poké Marts.
List of Symbols
- In the Japanese version of Emerald, the patterns on the Symbols are originally the first letter of the Symbol's name: K (Knowledge), G (Guts), T (Tactics), L (Luck), S (Spirits), B (Brave), and A (Ability).
- However, the anime features the patterns used in the English version instead.
- Some of the patterns in the Symbols have similarities to the Frontier Brain's battle facility.
- The pattern on the Luck Symbol is identical to the hexagon patterns on Seviper, which the Battle Pike was modeled after.
- The pattern on the Tactics Symbol seems to be the Battle Dome if seen from above. It might also stand for the first letter in Tucker's Japanese name Heath.
- The pattern on the Brave Symbol seems to be the Battle Pyramid if seen from above.
- The pattern on the Ability Symbol seems to be the Battle Tower seen from below.
- The Knowledge Symbol is the only Symbol not to share a common first letter with its respective Frontier Brain in the English version.
In other languages