From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Princess Salvia (Japanese: サルビア王女 Princess Salvia) is a character of the day in Dawn of a Royal Day!.
She is a doppelgänger of Dawn, only differing in appearance by her hairstyle, clothing, and voice. Wishing to escape from her royal duties and compete in a Pokémon Contest after all her hard training with Togekiss, the princess swapped identities with Dawn.
Using her Togekiss, Salvia won against Jessilina in the final round and earned the Arrowroot Town Ribbon. Out of kindness, she gave the Ribbon she won to Jessilina rather than keeping it for herself. She also gave her Togekiss to Dawn so that it could compete in more Contests.
She appeared in a flashback in With the Easiest of Grace! and briefly appeared in A Grand Fight for Winning! watching the Sinnoh Grand Festival Final Round on television.
- Princess Salvia is the second known person to win an official Contest on the first attempt. The first person to do so was James.
- Coincidentally, both Coordinators gave their Ribbons to Jessie and were disguised as other people.
- Before the airing of Dawn of a Royal Day!, she was stated to be named Princess Iris (アイリス王女) by official sources, indicating that "Salvia" could have been a last-minute name change.
- Ash's next female traveling companion after Dawn is Iris. Whether the reason of the name change was this or just a coincidence is unknown.
- Coincidentally, Princess Salvia's voice actresses in the Iberian and Latin American dubs are the same as Iris's.
- Her name comes from Salvia, a genus of plants in the mint family.