From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokejungle.net is a personal blog and Pokémon news source, run by the webmaster, also known as Pokejungle. The site had its highest activity record broken around the release of Pokémon Black and White.
Pokejungle.net's webmaster, Pokejungle, started the site in late 2003. This is what he wrote in his bio:
"A little PJN History:
- Started in late 2003 / early 2004 when I was 13. I used my ISP's free webspace.
- Hosts of PJN include Earthlink, Hosting Anime, Freewebs, Shyper, Elixant, and Downtown Host
- "PokeJungle" was the original site name until I added "Network" awhile after. There was also a period of time (2 months maybe) when it was called "Crobat’s Jungle".
- The early forums used ProBoards and were named "Crobat’s Cavern". This later became Mt. Moon Community after we rebranded it and launched it on my own hosting.
- Most people to visit my site in one day was 80,937 when Black and White launched in Japan."
Like many fansites, Pokejungle.net has gone through many changes. The most recent change was a complete update of the site's layout on July 29th, 2010. Pokejungle recently held a contest, open to visitors, to create a new banner for the site. However, he ended up joining with TopHat of PLDH. They created a new minimalistic style, centered around the new Grass-type starter, Snivy.
As well as a style change, the site also partnered with Smeargle's Canvas, an oekaki also owned by Pokejungle, where Pokejungle's visitors may post their own fanart.
Pokejungle.net is a blog. Much like other blogs, Pokejungle.net has a wide variety of content posted on its front page.
News and updates
Like many other Pokémon fansites, Pokejungle posts Pokémon-related news on his website. Newly revealed information on Pokémon games, downloadable event Pokémon and magazine leaks are some of the things that Pokejungle may post on the site from time to time. He also posts personal updates on his website — anything that he would like to share with his visitors.
Pokejungle may post unconfirmed information and rumors on his site. Some of the rumors on Pokejungle.net are translated from the Japanese website, 2ch. Many rumors posted on the site have later been confirmed true.
Utilizing all areas of his site's connection abilities, Pokejungle has contests for event Pokémon that he or his staff download onto their Japanese Pokémon games. To enter the competitions, one usually has to leave a comment on an update, on the forums or on Pokejungle's Facebook or Twitter page. The prizes for previous contests have inlcuded Arceus, Mew, Manaphy, Latias and Latios, Goon Scizor and Satoshi's Pikachu.
- Pokejungle - Head of Pokejungle.net
- ↑ Pokejungle's bio on Pokejungle.net
- ↑ Post by Pokejungle on the new layout