From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon Kanto Handbook by Katherine Noll (ISBN 0439741460) is a handbook that was published in 2005, and is the sequel to The Official Pokémon Advanced Handbook #4. It served as a paper form of the Kanto Pokédex from FireRed and LeafGreen, and was released as an update of the original Official Pokémon Handbook in concordance with the remakes. It contained an entry for all the Pokémon in the Kanto Pokédex and their evolutionary relatives (at the time of publishing). The front cover has pictures of two of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon (Charizard and Venusaur) that one can choose from in the remakes of the Generation I games.
So you think you've got everything you need to start your KANTO Pokémon journey, right? Empty Poké Balls waiting to be filled. A handy Pokédex filled with facts. It's a good start. But there's just one more thing you need to do...read this official handbook!
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL FIND INSIDE:
→ Pictures, stats, and facts, for over 150 KANTO Pokémon
→ The word on the new features in KANTO!
→ A detailed map of the KANTO region!
→ A bonus collector's KANTO poster!
- On page 5 the Fame Checker is called by its Japanese name, the Voice Checker.
- On that same page, the word "it's" is being used in place of "its".
- Cleffa is listed as the Fairy Pokémon rather than the Star Shape Pokémon, and for its evolution it just says "Into" rather than "into Clefairy with Friendship".
- Jigglypuff's description calls it "Jifflypuff".
- Slowbro is stated to evolve into Slowking.
- While some of the special evolution methods are used in this book such as friendship, items, and trading, others are omitted.