Pokémon Adventures volume 9
| Pokémon Adventures volume 9
|Japan||Shogakukan||August 8, 2001||ISBN 4091493394|
|United States||VIZ Media||October 5, 2010||ISBN 1421530627|
|Singapore||Chuang Yi||September 2003||ISBN 9812415114|
|South Korea||Daewon C.I.||Unknown||ISBN ????|
|Vietnam||Kim Đồng Publishing House||November 30, 2015||ISBN 9786042054454|
- Round 104 - The Ariados up There
- Round 105 - Smeargle Smudge
- Round 106 - How Do You Do, Sudowoodo?
- Round 107 - Gligar Glide
- Round 108 - Quilava Quandary
- Round 109 - Ampharos Amore
- Round 110 - Piloswine Whine
- Round 111 - Tyranitar War
- Round 112 - Raise the Red Gyarados
- Round 113 - Delibird Delivery - 1
- Round 114 - Delibird Delivery - 2
- Round 115 - Forretress of Solitude
- Round 116 - Rock, Paper...Scizor
|Spoiler warning: this article may contain major plot or ending details.|
- Gold's Togepi hatches.
- Gold and Silver battle the Masked Man and lose.
- Blue becomes Viridian Gym Leader.
- Red leaves Pika with Yellow.
This is Silver's Pokédex information and party at the end of this volume.
- Gym Badges: 4
- Pokémon seen: 54
- Pokémon owned: 10
- This is the last volume where Mato is the manga's illustrator.
Chuang Yi translation
There are a few errors in the brief description of volume 9:
- The Pokédex is said to be shown to be a new gadget but it is not.
- Bill is mentioned as a new character.
- It also says that Crystal is a shadow.
- It says that Yellow becomes the owner of the third Pokédex when in fact Crystal is the owner.
When Silver's party is explained at the end of the book, there are six errors:
- Silver's Sneasel is referred to as Sneasal.
- Gold's Sudowoodo, Sudobo, is referred to as Aipom.
- Kingdra was referred to as Kingora.
- Tyranitar was also referred to as Kingora.
- The Dark-type was referred to as the Evil-type.
- Sneasel only had one type (the Evil-type), though it is also part Ice-type.
- Kingdra's Trainer was listed as Dragon, instead of its secondary type being Dragon.
Some other minor errors occur:
- In the description read from Gold's Pokédex, Togebo's Metronome attack is translated to "Finger Shake."
- The 114th round, titled VS. Delibird (Part II) is mistakenly written as "Chapter 104."
It should be noted that most, if not all, of these errors are due to Chuang Yi literally translating the names, instead of doing proper research.
- Although Daisy confirms that Yellow hadn't informed Red of her true gender, she refers to Yellow as a "she" in front of Red.
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|