From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon: The Johto Journeys|
Logo for the season
Pokémon: The Johto Journeys is the name of the third season of the Pokémon anime. The 41-episode season showcases the adventures of Ash, Misty, and Brock in the Johto region, from New Bark Town up to Goldenrod City.
It originally aired as part of the 2000-2001 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Don't Touch That 'dile, which originally aired on October 14, 2000, and ended with The Fortune Hunters, which originally aired on May 19, 2001.
The Johto Journeys marked the beginning of the Johto saga. Johto would continue for two seasons, with Pokémon: Johto League Champions picking off where The Johto Journeys left off. Preceding it was the Orange Islands arc.
See the list of Pokémon: The Johto Journeys episodes for a list of episodes aired this season.
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon evolve:
The following Pokémon are released:
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
North American DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language The Johto Journeys home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD Releases
- Main article: List of English language The Johto Journeys home video releases (Region 4)
- The first four English dub episodes of this season aired exactly one year after the Japanese originals.
- The Italian version of the theme used a scene from EP035.
- During this season, the narrator refers to the group as being "On the road to Johto". Though it would be more correct to say "On the road through Johto", he could have just been referring to the Johto League. He also states this through Pokémon: Johto League Champions and Pokémon: Master Quest.
- The tentative title of this season was "Pokémon GS".
- The Johto Journeys did not air in Denmark, along with Johto League Champions.
In other languages