From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon: Master Quest|
Logo for the season
Pokémon: Master Quest is the name of the fifth season of the Pokémon anime, consisting of the remaining episodes of the Original series, except one. The 64-episode season showcases the final adventures of Ash, Misty, and Brock in the Johto region, from the Whirl Islands to Mt. Silver.
It originally aired as part of the 2002-2003 Kids' WB! Saturday morning line-up. The season began with Around the Whirlpool, which originally aired on September 14, 2002, and ended with Hoenn Alone!, which originally aired on October 25, 2003. This season skips EP250, which was banned from airing.
Master Quest is the last of the three seasons taking place in the Johto region. It is preceded by Pokémon: Johto League Champions and followed by Pokémon: Advanced, the first season of the dub of the Advanced Generation series which is based on the Generation III games. This season is the last where 4Kids Entertainment dub at TAJ Productions. From EP263, they moved into their own dubbing studio.
See the list of Pokémon: Master Quest episodes for a list of episodes aired this season.
- Ash and Misty compete in the Whirl Cup. (EP215 - EP217)
- Ash and his friends meet up with Ritchie, and they team up to save a Lugia from Dr. Namba, a Team Rocket scientist. (EP220 - EP222)
- Ash and his friends meet Eusine and later encounter Suicane again. (EP227)
- Ash obtains a Pokémon Egg, which soon hatches into a Phanpy. (EP228)
- Jessie, James, and Meowth have a Delibird tail them so it can collect money they owe to the Team Rocket organization. (EP231)
- Ash and company meet up with Lance as they uncover Project R, an experiment led by Professor Sebastian, another Team Rocket scientist. (EP235 - EP236)
- Ash obtains Larvitar and returns it to its mother at Mt. Silver. (EP257 - EP264)
- Ash finally earns the eight Badges needed to enter the Johto League. Ash competes in the Silver Conference. He defeats Gary in a 6 vs. 6 match, but later loses to Harrison. Ash places in the top eight. (EP265 - EP272)
- Ash, Misty, and Brock part ways on their return to Kanto. (EP273)
- Ash sees Ho-Oh fly towards Hoenn and decides to head there with just Pikachu. (EP273)
- Ash and Pikachu arrive in Littleroot Town, their first area on their journey through Hoenn. (EP274)
The following Pokémon are obtained:
The following Pokémon evolve:
The following Pokémon are released:
The following Pokémon are left at Oak's Laboratory:
Ash defeats the following Gym Leaders:
North American DVD Releases
- Main article: List of English language Master Quest home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD Releases
- Main article: List of English language Master Quest home video releases (Region 4)
- There was a differently-colored version of the logo used on the Toonami Jetstream website. This variation of the logo was used until January 20, 2009.
- This is the only Johto season to not have Johto in the name.
In other languages