I Wanna Be a Hero
|I Wanna Be a Hero|
| Dub OP 6
| KOCH Records
I Wanna Be a Hero is the opening theme to the sixth season of the English-language Pokémon dub, Pokémon: Advanced. Most of its scenes are composed of Advance Adventure with the exception of one anime used scene. It was used from Get the Show on the Road! to Watt's with Wattson?.
Opening animation spoilers
- May and Max join Ash's party.
- May receives her starter Pokémon, Torchic.
- The capture of Ash's Taillow.
- The return of Brock.
- The capture of James's Cacnea.
- The capture of Jessie's Seviper.
- The capture of Ash's Treecko.
- The capture of Brock's Lotad.
- The capture and evolution of May's Wurmple.
- The capture of Brock's Mudkip.
- The evolution of May's Silcoon.
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Taillow (Ash's)
- Treecko (Ash's)
- Torchic (May's)
- Beautifly (May's)
- Lotad (Brock's)
- Mudkip (Brock's)
- Seviper (Jessie's)
- Cacnea (James's)
- Kyogre (silhouette)
- Groudon (silhouette)
A kid from Pallet Town with a brand new world to see
Don't know what's ahead but it won't get the best of me
There's so much to learn and battles to be won
I've advanced so far but still there's always more to come
Take a step and I'm on my way...
Gonna start all over again
I wanna be a Hero! (Hero!)
(I'm on my way!)
I wanna be a Hero! (Hero!)
Give me just one chance...
And the future will decide...
If there's a hero buried deep inside...
I wanna be a Hero!
- This song was included on the Pokémon X, Exclusive Target Mix!, and Exclusive Toys R Us Mix! CDs.
- This song is the first English anime theme to not be played in a movie.
- An instrumental version of this song was used over the ending credits of Taming of the Shroomish.
- The German version is sung by Noel Pix.
- This opening theme has the largest number of opening animation spoilers of all of the dub opening themes, with 11.
- When the group is seen on a raft, May's skirt is red instead of white.
In other languages
|Croatian||Zelim biti heroj I wanna be a hero|
|Danish||For Jeg Vil Være Mester Because I Wanna Be Champion|
|Finnish||Mä haluun kaikki voittaa I want to beat everybody|
|French||Je veux devenir un héros I want to become a hero|
|German||Ich will ein Held sein I will be a hero|
|Hebrew||אני עוד אנצח ani od anatze'akh|
|Hindi|| बनाना मैं चाहूँ हीरो Banna Mai Chahu Hero *|
बनना है मुझे हीरो Banna Hai Mujhe Hero *
|Italian||Sarò un eroe I'll be a hero|
|Norwegian||Jeg Vil Bli En Mester I Wanna Be A Master|
|Portuguese||Brazil||Um Mestre Quero Ser I Wanna Be a Master|
|Portugal||Eu Quero Ser Um Herói I Wanna Be a Hero|
|Russian||А я героем буду! And I will be a hero|
|Spanish||Latin America||Yo Quiero Ser tu Héroe I Wanna Be your Hero|
|Spain||Yo Quiero Ser un Héroe I Wanna Be a Hero|
|Swedish||För jag ska bli en hjälte For I will be a hero|
|This article is part of Project Music, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each Pokémon song, CD and musician.|