From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hulu is a website subscription service offering ad-supported on-demand streaming video of TV shows, movies, webisodes and other new media, trailers, clips, and behind-the-scenes footage. Hulu provides video in Flash Video format, including many films and shows that are available in 288p, 360p, 480p, and in some cases, 720p or 1080p HD.
Hulu's service in Japan was launched on September 1, 2011, making it the first country to be part of Hulu's expansion in the international market.
The contents are only available for the Japanese territory in the same way the United States version is only available to the United States.
The Pokémon anime has been available on Hulu Japan since August 1, 2012.
Currently available are the original series, Advanced Generation series, Diamond & Pearl series, Best Wishes series and XY series episodes.
Following its premiere every Thursday on TV Tokyo, a new episode of XY is available the next day on Hulu.
Unlike anime episodes, the movies on Hulu are only kept for short periods of time.
In the United States
The anime has been available on Hulu.
An expansion was announced on January 30th, 2014, notably including the English dub of the mini-series Pokémon Origins.
Also available a separate section of episodes but only with the Latin American Spanish dub.
- Despite Shogakukan's distribution of the 2004 versions of the first 37 episodes of the original series as official and legal material in all media in Japan, Hulu has the 1997 original versions of the episodes to EP037.
- Additionally, this collection did not include EP001, which remains as the 2004 version.
- EP038 is still banned, despite having a preview in EP037.
- All original series episodes are based on the rental and rerun versions.
- All Best Wishes episodes are based on the versions that were originally broadcasted by TV Tokyo.
- This includes exclusive segments during its premiere on TV Tokyo (as thanks to sponsors), but which are subsequently deleted or modified to rental versions and reruns on networks such as Kids Station.
- BW022 has the original BW023 and BW024 preview.
- The English captions of the episodes available in the United States have words that are capitalized incorrectly, such as names of humans and Pokémon and Pokémon moves.
- ↑ 「ポケットモンスター」シリーズがオンライン動画配信サービスHulu（フールー）に初登場！ (Japanese)
- ↑ 大人気の「ポケモン」シリーズがHuluに初登場 テレビ放送中のシリーズを放送直後に配信 計400話以上のコンテンツが視聴可能に (Japanese)
- ↑ 「Hulu」にポケモンが登場 ― ITmedia +D LifeStyle - 2012 (Japanese)
- ↑ Pokemon Toons Coming to Hulu in the U.S.