From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| The picture used in this article is unsatisfactory.|
Reason: Should be replaced with Generation VI images
Please feel free to replace it so it conforms to Bulbapedia conventions.
Focus Blast (Japanese: きあいだま Fighting Spirit Bullet) is a damage-dealing Fighting-type move introduced in Generation IV. It has been TM52 since Generation IV.
Focus Blast does damage and has a 10% chance of lowering the target's Special Defense by one stage.
|| The user heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power. It may also lower the target’s Sp. Def.*|
The user attacks at full power. It may also lower the foe's Sp. Def stat if it hits.*
|| The user heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power. It may also lower the target’s Sp. Def.
|| The user heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power. This may also lower the target’s Sp. Def.
|| Inflicts damage on the target, even at a distance. It may also reduce the target's Special Defense by 1 level.
|Bold indicates a Pokémon gains STAB from this move.|
Italics indicates a Pokémon whose evolution or alternate form receives STAB from this move.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga
In other generations
- Focus Blast appears to be related to the concept of a "qi ball" or "psi ball".
- Focus Blast is the only special Fighting-type move that has an accuracy lower than 100%.
- Focus Blast is one of the few moves in Pokémon Battle Revolution that is visually identical to its handheld counterpart.
- In the prerelease material of the Japanese versions of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Focus Blast had a different animation; instead of 'spreading' when it touched the opponent, it disintegrated.
- Focus Blast is the only special variant of Blizzard that was not lowered to 110 power in Generation VI.
- In an early trailer of Pokemon X and Y, Focus Blast's animation had a red background. In the final version, the background is blue.
In other languages