From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Rainer redirects here. For the glitch Pokémon often mistakenly called Rainer, see PokéWTrainer. For the supposed PokéGod, see PokéGods.
From left to right: Rainer, Sparky, and Pyro
The Eevee brothers are four Pokémon Trainers from the Pokémon anime, three of which whose signature Pokémon are the Eeveelutions (that existed at the time). They make their appearance in The Battling Eevee Brothers.
Rainer, Sparky, and Pyro appear to be the same age, possibly triplets. Mikey is noticeably younger than the other three brothers.
In the anime
Sparky (Japanese: ライゾウ Raizō) has golden hair styled in tall spikes. His signature Pokémon is Jolteon. He boasts it is the best because when angered, its fur becomes sharp as needles which it can launch at the opponent using Pin Missile.
|| Eevee → Jolteon
| Sparky's Jolteon is a Pokémon Sparky evolved alongside the other owner's Pokémon, its only appearance was in The Battling Eevee Brothers where it first appeared at a Stone Town evolution party alongside the other owners and Vaporeon and Flareon. Sparky then boasted how powerful Jolteon was, getting into an argument with the other brothers. Team Rocket appeared, and stole it and all the other Pokémon including the evolutionary stones.
Later they found Team Rocket from the leaking petrol, and were able to free them all except for Eevee. By using its Pin Missile along with the other brothers' Pokémon's attacks (including Eevee) they were able to send Team Rocket blasting off. It was last seen in a picture which was taken.
Jolteon's only known move is Pin Missile.
|| The Battling Eevee Brothers
| Voice actors
|| Kayzie Rogers
Rainer (Japanese: ミズキ Mizuki) has dark blue hair styled to look like fins. His signature Pokémon is Vaporeon. He boasts it is the best because it can melt into water and disappear by using Acid Armor.
Pyro (Japanese: アツシ Atsushi) has red hair styled to look like flames. His signature Pokémon is Flareon. He boasts it is the best because of the powerful flames of Fire Spin.
|| Eevee → Flareon
| Pyro's Flareon is a Pokémon Pyro evolved alongside the other owner's Pokémon, its only appearance was in The Battling Eevee Brothers where it first appeared at a Stone Town evolution party alongside the other owners and Jolteon and Vaporeon. Pyro then boasted how powerful Flareon was, getting into an argument with the other brothers. Team Rocket appeared, and stole it and all the other Pokémon including the evolutionary stones.
Later they found Team Rocket from the leaking petrol, and were able to free them all except for Eevee. Using its Fire Spin along with the other brothers' Pokémon's attacks (including Eevee) they were able to send Team Rocket blasting off. It was last seen in a picture which was taken.
Flareon's only known move is Fire Spin.
|| The Battling Eevee Brothers
| Voice actors
|| Kayzie Rogers
Mikey (Japanese: タイチ Taichi) has plain brown hair with bangs shaped to resemble an Eevee's fur collar. He owns an unevolved Eevee.
|| Voice actor
|| Sparky: 小西克幸 Katsuyuki Konishi|
Rainer: 伊藤健太郎 Kentarō Itō
Pyro: 岡野浩介 Kōsuke Okano
Mikey: 冬馬由美 Yumi Tōma
|| Sparky: Matthew Mitler|
Rainer: Adam Blaustein
Pyro: Matthew Mitler
Mikey: Kayzie Rogers
|| Pyro: Paolo De Santis (K2 dub)|
Mikey: Stefano Pozzi (K2 dub)
|| Sparky: Erik Skøld|
Rainer: Trond Teigen
Pyro: Tommy Karlsen
Mikey: Katrine Blomstrand
|| Sparky: Radosław Popłonikowski|
Rainer: Wojciech Majchrzak
Pyro: Mikołaj Klimek
Mikey: Renata Berger
|| Latin America
|| Sparky: Benjamín Rivera|
Rainer: Carlos Hugo Hidalgo
Pyro: Alfredo Gabriel Basurto
Mikey: Ana Lobo
|| Sparky: Cholo Moratalla|
Rainer: Roberto Cuenca Rodríguez Jr.
Pyro: Álex Saudinós
Mikey: Chelo Vivares
In the manga
In The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga
Rainer, Pyro, and Sparky—along with Mikey—appear in the manga series The Electric Tale of Pikachu, which is based on the anime.
In the chapter To Evolve or Not to Evolve, That is the Question!, Rainer, Pyro, and Sparky are members of a fellowship named the Knights of the E Stone. To join, members are required to own at least one Pokémon which was evolved by means of an evolutionary stone. Joining The Knights of The E Stone is a family tradition which the brothers have upheld, and they pressure Mikey to evolve his Eevee so that he may join, too.
With Ash's help, Mikey's Eevee and Ash's Pikachu defeat all three brothers to earn Mikey the right to join the fellowship without evolving his Eevee.
The brothers are shown to have a playful side in the manga as well, teasing Mikey about Misty being his "girlfriend" and disappearing in a cloud of smoke when they leave the room.
- Sparky has the same voice actor in both English and Japanese as Chopper, and Rainer has the same voice actor in both English and Japanese as both Scuz and Pete Pebbleman.
- The Eevee brothers have no representation in their family of the Eeveelutions debuting after Generation I. There was originally fanon speculation that something might be done to correct this, but like many characters of the day, the Eevee brothers have made no reappearance in the Pokémon anime since their debut episode.
- This was not the only group of siblings training Eeveelutions to appear on the Pokémon anime. When Ash and his friends went to Johto, they met the Kimono Sisters who, like their counterparts in Pokémon Gold and Silver, each trained one of the five evolutions. Unlike the Eevee brothers, though, they had no representation in their family of Eevee itself, unless one counts Sakura's Eevee, which later evolved into Espeon.
- The name Sparky was used again in the anime as the name of Ritchie's Pikachu.
- Oddly, at the time of the episode, Ash, Misty, and Brock each had a Pokémon with them that could evolve via one of the evolutionary stones that are used by Eevee to evolve. Pikachu evolves with the Thunderstone, Vulpix evolves with the Fire Stone, and Staryu evolves with a Water Stone. Pyro and Sparky offer a Fire Stone to Brock and a Thunderstone to Ash in hopes that they will evolve their Pokémon, but Rainer never offers a Water Stone to Misty, most likely because she already has a Starmie.