From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Spring Fever
Dig Here Urimoo! Search for the Hot Spring!!
|| March 8, 2001
| United States
|| February 2, 2002
|| Team Ota
|| 大橋志吉 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
|| 横田和 Kazu Yokota
| Assistant director
|| 松本マサユキ Masayuki Matsumoto
| Animation director
|| 桜井木ノ実 Kinomi Sakurai
| Additional credits
Spring Fever (Japanese: ここほれウリムー！おんせんをさがせ！！ Dig Here Urimoo! Search for the Hot Spring!!) is the 188th episode of the Pokémon anime. It was first broadcast in Japan on March 8, 2001 and in the United States on February 2, 2002.
As Todd and our heroes take a lunch break on a rocky mountain top, a Swinub rushes at them from a nearby crevasse. Misty is startled and drops her lunch. As the Swinub quickly swipes it, two more appear followed by a pint-sized girl named Peggy. She explains her father uses the Swinub to sniff out hot springs for hotels wanting to build resorts. Unfortunately, the Swinub's sniffers haven't been up-to-snuff and they haven't honed in on a hot spring in months. When Team Rocket try to steal the Swinub, the ensuing battle is just what they need to warm up to the search for hot springs!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
Continuing their travels with Todd, their search for Articuno, Ash and his friends no sooner stop for a snack break than a trio of Swinub appears and makes off with Misty’s rice cake. The group then jump to pursue them and soon learn that these Pokémon are in the employ of a father-daughter team of water prospectors. The Swinub’s keen sense of smell allows them to detect substances buried deep underground. Impressed by their operations, Team Rocket decided to pirate the idea and its key Pokémon and turn them to their own gain...
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Farfetch'd (U.S. and international), Swinub (Japan)
- This episode is the first time the "To be continued" graphic simply appeared on the screen instead of the screen resizing to show the graphic.
- This episode's dub title is a reference to the illness, spring fever; it may also come from swine fever.
- Hot Springing a Leak has a similar plot to this episode.
- The names of the Swinub in this episode are Sue, Ein, Ub, which, if said together quickly, become their species, Swinub. The same applies to their Japanese names, U, Ri, and Moo are the three syllables that comprise Urimoo.
- This episode is featured on the Volume 5: Ice copy of Pokémon Elements.
- In the dub, Jessie commands Arbok to use a Fang Attack on two of the Swinub. She most likely meant to say Bite and it was simply misunderstood when dubbing.
- The original airing of this episode on Hungama TV in India started the episode directly from the title card, skipping the part of the episode that comes before it.
In other languages