From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Color Change
| Color Change
| Generation VI
| The Pokémon's type becomes the type of the move used on it.
Color Change (Japanese: へんしょく Color Change) is an Ability introduced in Generation III. It is the signature Ability of Kecleon.
Generation III to IV
After being hit by a damage-dealing move, a Pokémon with Color Change will change its type so that it is the same as that of the move that harmed it. If a Pokémon with Color Change has a substitute take the hit, its type will not change. It will change both types of a dual-type Pokémon that has gained this Ability. This Ability does not apply to Shadow moves, and being hit by Weather Ball powered by Shadow Sky makes the Pokémon with this ability become Normal-type. Color Change will activate after the first hit of a multi-strike move. Using Future Sight will turn a Pokémon with Color Change into a Psychic type immediately, even though the move does not deal damage on the first turn.
Status ailments are inflicted before Color Change activates.
Color Change now activates after the last hit of a multi-strike move.
Outside of battle
Color Change has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Color Change
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
|| Color Change
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VI games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
- Color Change shares its Japanese name with a Pokémon Power which has a similar effect.
- Color Change was the first Ability demonstrated in the anime.
In other languages