The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and August 16th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Category talk:Religion tags
Am I the only person who thinks these tags are a bad idea? I mean it's not bad to express your religion but to have a certain Pokémon represent it isn't right. So is this saying that Mew is an Atheist? Or Cresselia is Muslim? Also how come nobody made a tag for Catholicism? That religion is older than Christianity.
- Bad idea, yes. But better to not leave any one out.
- And the Pokémon representing them do so because they're reminiscent of the symbol in question: Cresselia is the crescent moon, Mew is evolution (which inherently represents atheism, because if we didn't come from deity X, where did we?).
- It's much like the browser/OS tags: does Ninetales represent Firefox? Not totally. Sure, it's a Fire-type fox Pokémon... but still. I'm not saying that the tags are a good idea, but they do link sometimes very unrelated religions to something that everyone here enjoys: Pokémon. TTEchidna 22:49, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- To be fair, the Hindi, Buddhist, Christian, and Shintoist at least all have Pokémon that somehow directly represent an aspect of the religion. --Zeta 05:57, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- Most religious people are perfectly capable of accepting evolution. It's only America that makes it a significant part of atheism.
- But that line of discussion just gets us into a religious debate which is the real threat here. --FabuVinny T-C-S 23:56, 11 October 2007 (UTC)
Look, if a Pokémon is used in the Tag for (for exemple) Muslim, what's the problem? Don't matter if it's a Pokémon or the Religion symbol, these Tags are to the users show the Religion that they believe.--Haruka uzumaki 19:21, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
No. Just no.
- We have political tags, and you seem to be okay with those. ShinyTalk | Contribs 01:34, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- But I mean, like, I think people would get more offended with Religions than Politcal things... Tina☆♥♫ 01:37, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think so. Who wants to talk about their religion on a Pokémon site? And I agree, why use Pokémon to represent a religion? I didn't use any of these tags because it's just kind of weird. Dialgarules 21:41, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Out of curiosity what has Gallade got to do with Catholicism User: Vespitomb 10:43, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Can we get an Episcopal usertag made? --Galladeon 02:11, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think they really need to put Protestant since there is Orthadox,Catholic and Christian and Orthadox and Catholic are [part of the] Christians. So unfair :(.....Taposa 09:07, 9 December 2011 (UTC)